Monday, November 27, 2006

Can I Really Do It?

A few weeks ago, I decided that I wanted to be nice to strangers. It's not a feeling I get often, but I decided to go with it. My hair was getting long, and I decided I was going to grow my hair long so that I could donate it to Locks For Love.
I knew you had to donate at least 10 inches of hair in order to do it, but I didn't realize just how much hair that is. The last week or so, I've wanted to cut off my hair because it's too long and is bothering me. I just measured it. I'm really bad at gauging length. I thought it would be about 4.5-5 inches by now. It's barely 3 inches.
I held the measuring tape up to my scalp to see just how long my hair would be before I had the minimum amount to donate. Hum, I guess 10 inches will be a little longer then I originally thought. I didn't plan this too well.
Say a prayer that my vanity doesn't win me over and I actually go through with it. I feel the need to do some good in the world.

4 Comments:

At 9:38 PM, Blogger Frannie Farmer said...

Good for you! And I will say a prayer for you. I wish I had the type of hair that was *good enough* for locks of love .. I don't, so I am counting on you!

 
At 9:00 AM, Blogger Casey said...

I had a friend who did that. 10 inches is a whole lot of hair. And like you don't know how long 10 inches is. WINK WINK!!!

 
At 7:29 PM, Blogger amanda said...

Good luck... does this mean that you're going to shave your head again?

 
At 7:50 PM, Blogger equippedtofascinate said...

There is the (not Amanda)strong possibility of a shaved head in the future.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home