Thursday, November 09, 2006

Why, Hello There

I actually wrote about this when it first happened, but then my computer crashed before I could post it, and I didn't feel like rewriting it again till tonight. Also, I don't feel like uploading pictures, so that's why the last few posts haven't included any. And now, our feature presentation.
On Halloween, a few of us decided to relive our Rocky Horror characters one more time. We went to the bar in costumes just for fun. I was the first to arrive, scantily clad in little more then some crotch hugging short shorts. As I was walking to the bathroom, I overheard someone ask if the cast of Rocky Horror was all coming out that night. Nice to know we're recognizable.
Anyhow, the bar ended up getting crowded. Crowded to the point that you couldn't move. We had arrived early enough to snag a table, but no one could get up from it to get to the bar since it was surrounded by people.
At one point, a couple of my friends asked if I would get them drinks since I was the closest to the bar. I said I would and squeezed through the crowd.
As I was standing in line, I felt something brush my butt. I didn't really think too much of it since it was so crowded. Then, I felt it again. Only this time, it lingered. Again, I figured it was just crowded and someone didn't realize their hand was rubbing my ass, or it was one of my friends joking with me.
I turned around to see a person in a mask. Masks freak me out. I have a huge phobia of them, to the point of running away from my parents screaming in a busy amusement park when I was a kid and they tried to force me to get my picture taken with someone in a giant plush head. Knowing that someone in a mask was touching my nether regions made me incredibly uncomfortable, so I inched forward to get to the bar. I made it about a half a step forward before being stopped by the wall of people in front of me.
At this point, the person grabbed my butt. I lost it. I threw my elbow back as hard as I could and yelled what the hell are you doing. I couldn't bring myself to look at the person as I did it since I was too scared of the mask. Luckily, the person took the hint that my bum isn't public domain(for people in masks at least) and walked away. This just adds to the reasons that people dressed up in costumes freak me out.

10 Comments:

At 9:41 PM, Blogger Casey said...

So, Sesame Street Live would have totally freaked you out? Even if you knew who it was in the costume??? Like me?

 
At 10:32 PM, Blogger christa said...

I was expecting that story to break into a bar fight and when it didn't, I was completely disappointed!

 
At 10:39 PM, Blogger christa said...

Okay... so I read your blog first and my comments second. Ummmm... about the car thing, it was a joke. Just laugh. And I really want to come to your party but I don't know how to dress like a pimp or a ho. And what time does it start? Can I bring a friend? Will I get kicked out again? Can I borrow your jacket if I get cold? What are we celebrating? And Amanda will be there? That's exciting. It's about time you introduced us!

 
At 3:55 PM, Blogger equippedtofascinate said...

Casey, I saw Elmo's Coloring Book, and I was freaked out the whole time. It doesn't matter if I know the person in the costume or not, I freak out. Christa, 9 pm at the Junction...you won't get kicked out because this is a different bar. Bring a friend if you must, but there will be enough cool people there even if you don't bring one. I knew you weren't mad, was just giving you a hard time.

 
At 5:29 PM, Blogger christa said...

Scott, what are we celebrating? A birthday? Do I need to bring a gift?

 
At 8:19 PM, Blogger equippedtofascinate said...

Of course it's a birthday. My birthday is Sunday, and Lisa's is the following week, so we're having a joint party. Gifts optional.

 
At 8:14 AM, Blogger amanda said...

Oh I'll be there. You bet your sweet ass I'll be there.

PS. Where's my invitation?

 
At 6:47 PM, Blogger Frannie Farmer said...

Ummm... that would have completely freaked me out too. I don't like masks either. Ick!

 
At 7:04 PM, Blogger Sexbox said...

LOL, so had he taken the mask off would you have given it up like a dirty whore in the bathroom? lol

Poor guy....he probably gor more scared than you.

 
At 8:01 PM, Blogger equippedtofascinate said...

It was at the Pub Ryan. The same bar that we went to the one time you were home and you almost went home with the guy who sat at our table and wanted to do you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home