Sunday, October 01, 2006

Make Me Stop


I just got home from Detroit. Yes, Detroit, land of the Pistons, Tigers, and one of the highest murder rates in the country. Actually, I wasn't really IN Detroit, I went to the airport. Lisa was in New York for the weekend, and I picked her up.
We were having a nice drive back, belting out songs from Footloose, because we're cool like that, when the conversation took a serious turn. She asked me how things were going, and out of nowhere, I just unleashed everything I've been holding in for the last few weeks.
I was supposed to go to New York with her, but because of work, and other things, I couldn't. I was really disappointed in it, especially since I've been feeling like my life is just one big responsibility lately.
As I vented about how overwhelmed I feel with everything that I've been doing lately, I also started to tell her about my fears that things were going to start to affect my personal life too. How long can you go without seeing someone before they take it personally and get bored? I appologized for being the downer in the car, and told her I was done complaining. I wasn't though. For about 2 seconds, there was an awkward silence before I started in on it again.
Lisa took it like a champ, and before we knew it, we were back to singing along with the CD.
Once I voiced my concerns though, I couldn't get them out of my head. I feel like I need to make some changes. Every morning, I wake up and am already overwhelmed by the amount of things I have to do during that day. It seems like an endless cycle, and I'm stressed beyond belief about it. Perhaps I will take a week off of work, and everything else that I have going on, and hide out in bed. Of course, that will never happen. I just need time to do things that I want to do, and be with people I want to be with.

4 Comments:

At 2:50 PM, Blogger amanda said...

There's always room for you on my couch.

By the way, I originally spelled "couch" "cocuch," which sounds really dirty. There is NOT room for you on my cocuch.

Also, you've worked at the place for so long - don't they give you a paid vacation? They should. You should demand one. I'm being totally serious.

 
At 4:22 PM, Blogger lovelylisa23 said...

2 things:

1. It's ok that you didn't go, yes I was disappointed and I know you were to but shit happens

2. It was totally ok to vent, I mean what else are two hour car rides for?

2a. You Rock! thanks for pickin' me up, even if you got lost in the ramp :)

 
At 3:41 PM, Blogger Sexbox said...

Vent all you want to whoever will listen. Trust me, it is never good to keep shit bottled up inside. I am sure you felt so much better after your 2 hour "therapy" session!

 
At 5:10 AM, Blogger paultoes said...

let me give you a blowjob.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home