Saturday, September 23, 2006

Saturday Afternoon

My sister and I are not normal. We went to the mall today just to kill some time and waste money. Of course, we ended up at our favorite clothing store. I wanted jeans, but didn't feel much like looking for them, so I found one of our favorite sales associates and told her what I wanted. I let her do the work. As I was walking to the dressing room, I found another pair that I really liked. I picked them up and made a lewd comment to my sister. The sales girl heard me and asked my sister if I was a whore...true story. I laughed really hard.
I bought the jeans, and my sister was driving me home, when she made the comment that she wants a tattoo. I told her I would get one if she did. That's how it started.
We went to the tattoo place and started looking through books to decide what we wanted. I saw the Chinese...or some oriental language, not sure which, word for loose. I figured I had to get it. It describes me perfectly. MJ decided to get the word for mole; a long story about our childhood.
I wanted to get mine on the underside of my left arm, but I've heard from a lot of people that is one of the most sensitive areas. The artist was making fun of me because I was so scared. He started and I realized that everyone had lied to me. It was the least painful tattoo I've had.
The artist was really funny. Molly and I can be a lot to handle, but he took it in stride and was laughing at us. He told us we were the highlight of his day. No doubt a ploy to get a tip out of us, but we took it as a compliment.
As we finally were driving home, we laughed at the ridiculousness of the situation. Only in my family will someone decide to get a tattoo on a whim with their sister. It was a good bonding experience though.

3 Comments:

At 8:24 PM, Blogger amanda said...

seriously? you just got a tattoo because you were bored and hanging out with MJ?

you're kind of a freak.

why am i so mean to you when i leave you comments?

 
At 11:03 PM, Blogger christa said...

I think it's a cute story.

 
At 7:05 AM, Blogger Casey said...

haha, that's insane! I wanna see a pic of the new tat!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home