Friday, September 15, 2006

Discrimination


I know that my trials don't compare to most minorities, but I feel I need to write this so you can all be aware of the problem that is

plaguing our country and do your best to stop it. I'm going to start a coalition that demands equal rights for left handed people.

I'm so tired of going to restaurants and having to move my silverware from the right side of the table to the left. Especially when I'm doing something with my left hand when the server walks up to the table and sets the silverware down.

The worst is when I need to sign something. You wouldn't believe how many people refuse to hand a pen to your left hand. Just try it sometime. They'll automatically bring the pen to your right side, and most of the time won't correct themselves when you try to grab it with your left hand.

Here's what should be done. Silverware should be placed in front of a person, below the plate if needed. That way, I don't have to reach across my food with my expensive clothes and risk getting my sleeve in it.

Pens should always be presented to the center of a person. This way, the person can decide which hand to grab it with. It isn't difficult, and it would make me a lot less cranky every time I have to correct people on a daily basis.

4 Comments:

At 8:30 PM, Blogger Sexbox said...

you need to bitch slap these fuckers with your available left hand!

 
At 8:38 PM, Blogger christa said...

I went to Wal-Mart today and the credit card machine thing had one of those pen things... and the cord came out of the center! Yup.. it was made for right and left handed people. I am right handed but my mom is left handed so I hear complaints all the time. She used to play with magna-doodles upside down because the writer part was always attached to the right side!

 
At 6:58 AM, Blogger Casey said...

Viva la left-handed people! I'm a lefty too!

 
At 3:13 PM, Blogger lovelylisa23 said...

i will try and start the center pen give at Macy's when I am working. Every little bit helps :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home