Sunday, September 03, 2006

Drinking Games



I went to a party last night. It was one of those awkward parties, where you don't really know anyone, but go anyways because you figure you'll have a good time. As with everything I do, there was drinking involved. The people there started talking about drinking games. The usual games were mentioned; beer pong, quarter bounce, etc. As I saw it, games for amateurs. Before I thought about it, I mentioned that I knew of a really fun drinking game.

Keep in mind that of all the people there, I knew only one person. Their first impression of me was based soley on my knowledge of this game. I tried to retract the statement, but it was too late. They wanted to hear about it.

I don't know the name of the game, it's something my older sister, Megan, taught me a year or two ago. Unlike other drinking games, this one doesn't involve people taking shots after someone successfully achieves the goal, it's just to look stupid and develop talent.

I told them you need a shot glass and a quarter. Interest was sparked, but then I explained how the game is played, and they wanted to kick me out of the party. The objective of the game is to drop the quarter into the shot glass. The twist is that you have to stand about 10 feet from the shot glass before you can walk up to it. Oh, did I mention that you have to hold the quarter between your butt cheeks?

No one wanted to be the first to try it. I refused since I had already made a fool out of myself by suggesting the game. Soon enough, everyone came around and tried it. I know you're all judging me for this right now, but just try it once, it's the funniest thing to watch people clench a quarter in their bum and try to drop it in a shot glass.

For whatever reason, I'm a natural at this game. I have no butt to speak of, so it doesn't really make sense, but I learned the trick to the game early on. You have to squat before you release the quarter. I didn't have good jeans on last night, so squatting was out of the question. My aim was good, but the quarter kept bouncing out of the glass. I was a failure.

For everyone who collects quarters, think twice before you save them next time. There's no telling where it was before.

4 Comments:

At 3:00 PM, Blogger christa said...

Were you wearing your thong????

 
At 9:10 PM, Blogger christa said...

What part did you get in the Wizard of Oz? I wanna know!

 
At 8:40 AM, Blogger Casey said...

Hmm, so, yah, that seems pretty hard to do! At least with pants still on...

 
At 10:19 AM, Blogger equippedtofascinate said...

Did you really try it Casey? That's so funny.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home