Monday, August 21, 2006

I'm Back

I apologize to everyone for my blogging absence the last week or so. You know you've taken on too much when your shortest day of the week only requires 14 hours of working and rehearsing. Alas, I got through it, and am now able to update my blog the next few days.
Rocky Horror opened on Thursday night. There was an article in the paper promoting the show, and my boss happened to see it. I had intentionally not mentioned the show to anyone I work with because I didn't want them to see it. She asked me if I was going to go see it, and I had to come clean and tell her I was actually in it.
I didn't really think it would be a big deal. I've worked there for 4 years, and they've never seen a show that I'm in. Of course they would pick this show to be the one to support me in. I tried my best to talk them out of it. I explained my costume, the premise, and things I had to do on stage. I should have known better, because that only made them want to see it that much more.
Saturday night, we had a midnight performance, and I knew they were there. Five beers later, I had worked up enough courage to get myself on the stage in costume. I realized the show was trashy, but it wasn't until I knew people in the audience, that I realized just what a whore I am in it.
There's a scene where I'm on all fours, sticking my bum in the air and wiggling it around at the narrator, before he sits on me and whips me. I wanted to die before doing that. I knew I would never live this show down at work.
They told me today that they liked it, but I'm not able to look anyone in the face anymore. Next time I do a show, I will think about the potential consequences before I agree to do it.

4 Comments:

At 12:51 PM, Blogger Chargenda said...

It really can't be that bad. You are an actor following stage directions. How can that reflect on you at all?

 
At 9:35 PM, Blogger christa said...

I remember that scene! Hahaha... you did a great job. And I even stole flowers from the club thing next to the temple to throw at you when you bowed at the end... you didn't see them. Oh well...maybe next time.

 
At 8:00 AM, Blogger equippedtofascinate said...

Did you really throw flowers christa? I didn't notice that at all.

 
At 11:46 AM, Blogger christa said...

I totally did. I took them from the front lawn of that big building to the right of the theatre and I used part of a plastic garbage bag to tie a bow around them. They were red and pretty and thoughtful.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home