Wednesday, August 09, 2006

I Missed It


I had big plans for this year, well, at least as far as doing shows is concerned. Rocky Horror, The Wizard of Oz, and Cabaret were all shows on my to-do list. It looks as though I may not be able to do all as I planned.
Auditions for The Wizard of Oz were last night and tonight. I planned to go audition after rehearsal tonight and amaze the director with my amazing song choice, although I didn't have a song picked out. Things don't always go as planned.
I wanted to be a flying monkey. Okay, I keep telling people that's the role I want, and I think it would be fun, but I would really rather be the scarecrow. The fact that I'm allergic to straw and can't dance aside, I would be great in that role. I'm limber, skinny, and ugly. It was a part I was born to play.
I got out of rehearsal, and a few of my cast mates and I decided to drive the 4 blocks down the street to audition. Auditions were over by the time we got there, and we weren't able to get in. Everyone had gone home for the night.
Before you all are overcome with shock, there is a possible happy ending to the story. The director of the show I'm in right now is friends with the man directing The Wizard. She told me she would call him and get me an audition. I feel so special. A private audition. What should I wear?

2 Comments:

At 8:27 AM, Blogger christa said...

nothing....

 
At 1:46 PM, Blogger amanda said...

Seriously. You have a private audition and you want to know what to WEAR!? Go nude! Show off your assets!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home