Sunday, July 23, 2006

I'll Need Years of Therapy for This



I wasn't even going to write about this because it disturbs me so much. My sister told me it's too funny to not share, so I will relive this story once more, and never speak of it again.

It's unfortunate that I'm as old as I am, and still live with my parents. I'm bad with money though, and am rarely home, so I normally don't worry about it too much. My home is basically a place to sleep. Even though I've been talking about getting an apartment with a friend for awhile, I realized Thursday that I can't live here anymore.

On Thursday, I was cleaning the pool, and realized the water level was getting low. I turned on the hose to get some more water in it. Since I'm very absent minded, I forgot I left the water on until a few hours later. By that point, the pool was filled almost to the very top. I figured it would evaporate, and decided against draining some of it out.

That night, like most nights, I couldn't fall asleep. I had things on my mind, and couldn't get my mind to stop wandering. As I was laying there, I heard water from the pool hitting the ground. I didn't feel like getting out of bed, so I was just going to ignore it. I figured I should check it out since I had overfilled the pool, and it would be my fault if something was wrong with it.

I got out of bed, and walked through the house to the back door. I then made the biggest mistake of my life. Yes, it sounds overly dramatic to say it was the biggest mistake of my life, but it really was. My life will never be the same from this.

I turned on the light on the deck at the same time I started to open the sliding glass door. There were my parents, on the deck, getting out of the pool after a night of clothing optional swimming. All I could think was, thank god I didn't put on my glasses when I got out of bed.

I was too embarrassed to say or do anything, so I simply turned off the light and went right back to bed. I've been trying to tell myself that it didn't really happen. I figured I could suppress the memory, but I can't. I think I'll have nightmares about this for years to come.

4 Comments:

At 1:42 PM, Blogger christa said...

i'm sorry for you! if you need somewhere to stay until this all passes, I have extra beds!

 
At 6:16 PM, Blogger Dustin Harder said...

oh my....

scott...i'm so so so sorry

 
At 10:39 AM, Blogger amanda said...

Did I ever tell you about the time my mom flashed a plane flying over my parents' pool (when they lived in Texas)?

 
At 2:43 PM, Blogger Casey said...

I live with my parents, too - for the time being. I am so scared to catch them having sex or something. Eww eww eww!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home