Sunday, July 09, 2006

Fishin'




I went fishing this weekend up at my brother in law's cabin. I love to fish, and it was a good excuse to try out my new fishing pole. The thing is, I fish illegally. That is, I never get a fishing license.

I got one on the way up on Saturday though. I'm no longer an illegal fisher. I was actually really excited about it. I had a secret fantasy that the DNR would stop us on our boat and demand our licenses. I would pull mine out, and he would apologize, and I would threaten to sue him for harassment because I'm left handed.

The DNR didn't stop us, but that's actually a good thing. See, I was flashing my license all over the cabin before we got in the boat. I decided last minute to change into my swim suit, and left my wallet behind. My wallet had the license in it.

I didn't feel like going back to the cabin to get it, so once again, I was an illegal fisherman. I wasn't really though. In the 4 hours I spent on the boat, I didn't catch any fish. I did get a good tan though, so it wasn't a total loss.

3 Comments:

At 5:56 AM, Blogger Dustin Harder said...

A good tan is never a loss my friend.

 
At 8:58 AM, Blogger amanda said...

What kind of bait do you use?

 
At 11:55 AM, Blogger jay lassiter said...

i love fishing too, although i love crabbin'more. i am from maryland afterall so that's understandable. illegal fishing is hot. all the cool people are doing it!

and a good tan is not a bad thing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home