Thursday, July 06, 2006

A Little Disappointed



I went to see Superman Returns last night. I tried not to have high expectations, because I knew I would be let down if I did. In all honesty, I was very impatient during the previews because I just wanted the movie to start. I'm a huge Superman fan, so I guess I should have known that this movie would let me down.

Actually, the movie is really good. It's got good action sequences, amusing story line, and it has all my favorite characters. I would recommend it to anyone thinking about watching it, but there were some things that really bothered me.

I won't spoil the movie for anyone, but I'm really pissed at the writers of this movie. They took HUGE creative liberties, and it kind of tainted the image of Superman. Whatever.

Kate Bosworth really bugged me. How she got the part of Lois Lane is beyond me. She had no spunk, no chemistry with Superman, and mediocre acting. What would Terri Hatcher say?

The costumes and props in this movie really irked me. I couldn't figure out what decade the movie was supposed to be set in. They had cars from the 50's, clothes from the 80's and 30's, and camera phones. Huh? What was going on with that? Kitty's clothes were excusable since she was just a nut, but that was about it. They should have made it an androgynous time line.

There were very few scenes with Clark Kent as Clark, and not Superman. That bothered me. I love to watch the interactions with Clark and Lois in previous movies. Yet, you didn't get the awkward feel for the two of them as Lois pinned for Superman in front of Clark. Actually, it's probably better that it happened that way. Kate couldn't have pulled it off anyways.

Like I said though, it is a good movie for those who want to be entertained for 2.5 hours. I just was a little jaded by small things. I would see it again though.

3 Comments:

At 12:17 AM, Blogger christa said...

you should go see pirates of the caribbean... I wasn't excited about going to see it.. but it was seriously amazing. the best movie i have seen in a long time.

 
At 1:04 PM, Blogger amanda said...

What's an androgynous time line, dear friend?

 
At 5:58 AM, Blogger Dustin Harder said...

hmmmm....everyone I've talk to holds the same issues with miss bosworth. Personally, I've just never liked her. But whatev.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home