Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Fireworks

Two nights ago, I went to watch the fourth of July fireworks. That's right, I watched them on the third, because that's how they do it in the BC. I was really excited to go because this year, they introduced the beer tent.
It seems hard to believe that an event as fraught with white trash people as the Bay City fireworks display has never before had a beer tent, but I try not to dwell on past travesties. My brother, sister, and I ditched the rest of the family as soon as we got there to hit up the tent.
We were standing around talking, when two people came up and started to talk to us.
We tried to ignore them at first, but you can only ignore drunk people for so long before you have to get involved in a conversation with them. The thing is, I'm not sure if they were really drunk or not.
They tried to tell us they were from Russia, and were using really bad Russian accents. When my brother started to ask them about Russia, since he's been there a few times, they suddenly changed their story and said they were from a county just outside of Russia.
They told us their names, but I don't remember what they were, and don't really care, since I'm sure that was a lie too. Like I said, they were acting drunk, but when we would stop our conversation, they would jump in and ask questions about things we had been talking about a few minutes before, completely out of character for someone who is unable to stand up.
Whatever was going on, these people weirded me out. I had my sister take a picture of them on her phone so I could show them to everyone, but my computer won't let me upload. Son of a. I guess the world will never be able to see what these two looked like.

2 Comments:

At 8:19 PM, Blogger christa said...

i didn't get to see any fireworks at all this year.... i had no one to go with and no where to go see them... even by myself... bummer

 
At 1:15 PM, Blogger amanda said...

You should have seen the winners up at the Cherry Festival on the 4th... you had total patriots, completely in red, white and blue, or just wearing a flag; and then you had the girls in strappy sandals and miniskirts and tons of makeup - like traipsing through the grass is glamorous.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home