Saturday, July 01, 2006

It Isn't a Party Unless...

What an exciting night last night was. In the interest of having a post that is less then 20 pages long, I'll just include the highlights of my brother's wedding yesterday.
I am a drinker, make no mistake of that. I reserve liquor for special occasions though. Weddings fall into that category. The one thing that has always disappointed me with myself is my inability to do shots. Well, not anymore. My older brother taught me how to do shots yesterday without getting sick. He had a flask of whiskey with him, and we were doing shots in the bathroom of the church between the wedding and pictures. Those shots, coupled with the 20 jello shots and beer I had in the limo got me feeling really good before I even got to the reception.
I'm the first to admit that when I drink, I can get obnoxious. We were in the limo, and it seemed like a good idea to moon people as they drove by. The first time I tried, the only person who saw it was Stacy, Kyle's new wife. It helps if you're near the window. I mooned the next car, and they gave me the finger.
We got to the reception, and all was fine and good. However, I went outside at one point and ended up crying in my sister's car. Long story that I'm not getting into. I went back inside to dance.
Anyone who knows me, knows I don't dance unless I'm completely trashed. I was busting out the shopping cart, sprinkler, fax machine, and my extended family's favorite, the worm. I was amazing, but not really.
Next came the garter toss. My older brother and I had decided that no matter who caught the garter, we were going to end up on the floor fighting each other. We thought it would be funnier if we got more people involved. We told all the groomsmen, and we ended up in a pile on the floor hitting each other. We're so mature, it's unbelievable.
The next part requires a little explaining. Last weekend, one of Stacy's friends told her, among other things, that she was making a mistake marring my brother and she shouldn't go through with it. One thing to keep in mind, if you piss someone off, make sure they aren't marring into a family with 8 siblings. We spent the week trying to decide what to do to her, and after a botched attempt to vandalize her car earlier in the week, decided we would just make her life miserable at the reception.
At one point, my sister pushed me as hard as she could into her on the dance floor. I laughed and went back over to my sister, and she did it again. Everyone knew what was going on, and one of the guys she was with tried to start a fight with me. My dad jumped in and told him to leave me alone, or he would be kicked out. I was really hoping for the fight though.
It all worked out well though because my sister had a nice conversation with her a little later, and the girl left crying. Got to love my family.
So yes, we are white trash, but it sure does make life more fun to live like that.

4 Comments:

At 9:35 AM, Blogger amanda said...

I am so, so sad that I was not able to attend this Warnke wedding. How many more of you are there to marry off? 'Cause I sure as hell won't miss the next one.
Remember the time Molly got married, and I fell asleep on the floor of the coatroom? Or the time that Molly got married and you and I distributed the Schnapps shots at the dollar dance? Yeah, those Warnkes know how to get married.

 
At 4:52 PM, Blogger Sexbox said...

you were drunk BEFORE you even got to the wedding????

I :heart: you!

 
At 7:50 PM, Blogger equippedtofascinate said...

I did have a drink or two before I got there, but I wasn't drunk...very much.

 
At 6:01 AM, Blogger Dustin Harder said...

now why the hell didnt you ask me to be your date? damn that would have been fun....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home