Monday, August 28, 2006

A Not so Routine Shower



Saturday started out as any other for me. I went to work, and smelled nasty by the time I got home. Typical when you work with dirty animals. I wanted a shower, but I decided to take a nap first.

I woke up just as it started to storm. I normally don't have any problems taking a shower when there's a storm, but I thought better of it this time. I didn't feel like getting electrocuted that day.

The storm was a big one, and we lost power. Lightening hit just outside my house. It was so exciting. I could actually feel the energy rush from it when it hit because I was near a window at the time, safe, I know.

The storm blew over eventually, and I got in the shower. Mind you, we had been without power for a good half an hour at this point. No sooner had I put shampoo in my hair, did the smoke alarms start to go off.

I thought seriously about getting out of the shower to make sure there wasn't a fire for about 2 seconds before I decided I didn't want to be stuck outside with shampoo in my hair if there was, so I rinsed it out first. By that point, it was only logical for me to condition my hair before I got out. A good two minutes later, I was ready to grab a fire extinguisher and investigate.

As it turns out, it's a good thing I didn't get out sooner. There was no fire. I'm assuming there was a short somewhere in the wire and it set the alarms off. The problem was that not only was the noise driving me crazy, but the poor dogs were whining because it hurt their ears. I decided to take all the alarms down so they would stop.

Here I was, wearing nothing but a towel, my feet still wet, climbing on a chair trying to get the smoke alarm off the ceiling. I couldn't figure out how to actually detach the plug from it though. I now was holding it 2 inches from my ear, as it continued to scream at me.

I gave up. Luckily for me, about an hour later, they stopped. My hearing hasn't completely recovered yet from it.

2 Comments:

At 8:38 PM, Blogger amanda said...

FYI: sometimes at my apartment, the smoke alarm will go off when I shower because I leave the bathroom door open, to clear out the steam, and the STEAM sets off the alarm. Could this be the case with you?

 
At 5:13 PM, Blogger Sexbox said...

Don't you know you are suppose to umplug smoke alarms in the nude....and have a camera ready to take pictures! honestly, have you no couth!?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home