Thursday, September 14, 2006

Party Planning



Despite the fact that my birthday isn't until midway through November, planning for Lisa and my party has begun. I got a phone call from Amanda last week so she could give me her work schedule and plan the party around it. God love her.

Last year's party was great. It was a costume party that was 80's themed. We were a little worried that we wouldn't be able to top it, but I believe that we have. This year, our party theme is Pimps and Hoes. That's right, a costume party where everyone comes dressed as either a pimp or a hoe. I can't wait.

Invitations will be sent out later, since it's still way too early. I'm a little worried about party favors though. What do you give everyone for a party with this theme? I've been thinking it may be fun to give everyone an STD. What do you think?

8 Comments:

At 9:00 PM, Blogger christa said...

happy birthday since i probably wont see you. maybe you could go in a different direction with the party favors and give condoms out instead. just go back to the health department and ask for another huge case of them!

 
At 6:45 AM, Blogger paultoes said...

i'll bring the scrabs.

 
At 9:48 AM, Blogger Casey said...

I so wish I could be there! It's so much easier getting herpes as a party favor than going out and trying to get it yourself!

 
At 6:14 PM, Blogger amanda said...

Oh, Scott, I hate to tell you, but if you're having a "pimps and hoes" party, then half of the people will be dressed like garden tools.

The correct spelling is "hos." Yes, it looks like it would be pronounced "hoss," but then, that word is spelled "hoss."

 
At 7:18 PM, Blogger equippedtofascinate said...

You know what Amanda, I was trying to decide how to the word was spelled for the longest time, and actually was going to ask you about it since I didn't want it spelled wrong on invitations. Every time I asked someone, they gave me a different answer.

 
At 3:10 PM, Blogger lovelylisa23 said...

Don't worry about favors.. the STDs are good jumping off point, but I have some other ideas.

Decorations on the other hand I am a littled worried about? All I can think of is money... but i don't have any... maybe you could take a collection on your blog, Call it something like fundraising for STD'4'U. I think it will be a big hit!!

 
At 7:56 PM, Blogger amanda said...

Decorations? Please. How about condoms, pregnancy tests, rape whistles, teeny tiny bags of flour or powdered sugar, and "Hello My Name Is" stickers that people can use to write in their pimp/ho names?

I am so excited for this party. you have no idea how ho-ish I am going to look.

 
At 9:08 AM, Blogger Chargenda said...

You should plan this party in Chicago

 

Post a Comment

<< Home