Thursday, October 19, 2006

Show Time


I have a horrible habit of getting injured when I'm doing shows. I've had a significant injury in about half of the shows that I've been in. I was really proud of myself because Rocky Horror went off with out any problems, and nothing had happened during MacBeth. I guess I was getting a little ahead of myself, because tonight, I got hurt.
Those aren't my legs, by the way.
We were choreographing the sword fight scene at the end of the show. We had run through it a few times, and were going to do it again, just to make sure everyone was comfortable. I begin the scene on a platform that's about 3 feet off the ground. I get pushed off of it, into Paul.
Like I said, we had done it a few times already, and there were no problems. This time, I somehow managed to land on Paul's knee. All of my weight(and there's quite a bit more weight then normal after the way I've been eating the last few weeks) and momentum carried my thigh on my right leg straight into his knee.
I couldn't feel my leg for a good 10 minutes after it happened. I was going to go out tonight, but when I got in my car after rehearsal, my leg started twitching and throbbing. I tried to massage it, but that just gave me shooting pains, so I gave up on that.
I kind of hope my leg swells up and I can't walk so I can get a few days off of work. Wouldn't that be great.

4 Comments:

At 10:33 PM, Blogger paultoes said...

oh, great. i knew something was fucked. maybe it was just me, but it seemed i also had to hold the back of your jacket so you wouldn't fall into that pile of electronics and tools or whatever else was backstage.
gee.
i can't wait to use real swords.

 
At 10:28 AM, Blogger Casey said...

Hey, at least it was your thigh. You could have gone crotch-first into his knee! I'm sure he would have liked that, though.

 
At 10:34 AM, Blogger equippedtofascinate said...

I think Paul was hoping it was my crotch coming at him.

 
At 4:08 PM, Blogger amanda said...

Seriously, you really need to post something new, because I am really grossed out by looking at those legs every day.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home