Friday, October 13, 2006

Eye Sore


My life is filled with self loathing, so it shouldn't come as much of a shock when I decide to write about some aspect of myself that I dislike. However, I will have to say that I hate my eye lashes with a passion, which probably seems strange to most people.
It may seem like an odd thing to be concerned about, but my eyelashes suck. They are long; extremely long actually. I liken them to a horse's eyelashes(go look at a horse if you don't know what I mean). Girl's always tell me they wish they had my eyelashes, which is odd, but I take it in stride.
The thing that I hate about my eyelashes is that some of the upper ones grow downward. People constantly tell me I have an eyelash that has fallen out and is hanging in my eye. Actually, that's just the way they are.
I constantly have lines in my sight because I can see the eyelashes that are hanging in front of my eye. It drives me nuts, but there is nothing I can do. Sometimes, they even scratch my eye.
When I was younger, I would pluck those eyelashes, but it hurt really bad and grossed me out, so I stopped. Then, I bought an eyelash curler in hopes of getting them to go the right way. It didn't work. The lashes that grow upward would curl higher, but the ghetto ones never got into the curler and just got smashed further downward in the process.
I had given up hope until a few months ago, when I was introduced to the magical thing called clear mascara. All my lashes were pointed in the same direction for the first time in my life. I was so happy that I could see clearly and didn't have hair poking my eyes. For a few days, I was on cloud nine. Then, people started to ask me if I was wearing eye makeup. I guess my lashes looked too good. I got embarrassed and haven't used it since.
Does anyone have any good solutions for this? I realize this is a problem I could just live with, but I would rather not have to if I could.

6 Comments:

At 11:52 PM, Blogger christa said...

Scott.... I seriously love you and your eyes. I saw them tonight and I can't wait to see them again. You have the most beautiful eyes in the world. And we are working together next weekend. Woohoo. I LOVE YOU. From your favorite girl in the whole world.

 
At 3:20 AM, Blogger paultoes said...

scott, if you like the mascara then wear it. damn. i wear eye make-up every single day.
though, not mascara...
let me investigate your eyelashes tomorrow. however, i am sure they are beautiful.

 
At 9:09 AM, Blogger equippedtofascinate said...

Paul, you're such a liar. You do not wear eye makeup.

 
At 1:13 PM, Blogger Casey said...

Go for the mascara. And if someone tell you something about it, punch them in their "not as cool eyelashed" eye.

 
At 5:53 PM, Blogger amanda said...

Seriously, here's what I would do: if it works, wear the clear mascara. And when someone asks you if you're wearing makeup, juts lie and say "no."

 
At 7:29 PM, Blogger Sexbox said...

trim them!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home