Monday, November 13, 2006

Abercrombie and Coats

I have a problem with clothes. Specifically, I have a problem with coats. I own at least 20, not exaggerated. I can't help myself when I see a coat that I like.
Last week, I was at the mall and ended up in Abercrombie and Fitch. I tend to avoid that store because it's so overpriced, and the clothes tend to be bland...don't hate me for my opinion. I was in there, and saw a sweater that I liked a lot on a mannequin. I looked all over the store for it, and couldn't find it. I asked one of the workers and he told me that they didn't have it in the store. It was simply for display. Uhhh, why do you display clothes you aren't selling?
Anyhow, when I was looking for the sweater, I came across a coat that I liked. Here's the problem with coats and my body. I have broad shoulders, long arms, and a non-existent waist. It's hard for me to find coats that fit me well. Despite the fact that I don't need a new coat, I tried it on. It was amazing. It fit me! I looked at the price and decided not to buy it. A huge step for someone who's as much of an impulse buyer as me.
A few days later, I was still thinking about how much I wanted the coat. I decided to go back on Saturday and buy it. I tried it on again, hoping I would notice some huge flaw in it and decide to save my money. I couldn't find anything wrong with it though. In fact, I loved it even more then I remembered. I questioned how I had lived the last few days without it.
I figured there was a good chance the coat had undergone a major price cut in the past 2 days, and checked the price again. Instead of a price tag, there was a tag that said something to the effect of "Property of Abercrombie and Fitch's Display, Not for Sale." I knew from previous experiences not to try to have them sell the coat to me. They won't do it.
I rummaged through the remaining coats in hopes of finding another small. I couldn't find one. The only coat that fit me was not for sale. I hate that store. Everyone that works there is so pretentious and thinks they are better then you. They display clothes that aren't for sale, and don't sell the clothes on the rack.
I would pretend that I'm going to boycott the store, but I won't. Tomorrow, I'm going to go there, rip the price tag off one of the other coats and switch it for the price tag on the display coat. Then, I'll boycott.

1 Comments:

At 8:23 PM, Blogger christa said...

Think of the coat as a birthday gift from me! Only you bought it for yourself.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home