Friday, April 14, 2006

There Goes my Back



I feel like I broke my back today at work. It's all because of a dog who looks like the one pictured on the left. The only difference is, the dog who caused me so much pain was about twice the size.

Everyone left early today, and I was left with the receptionist to close up. I didn't really mind, I left early on Wednesday, and I felt like sharing the wealth. What everyone forgot to mention was that the 105 pound dog in the very back room refused to walk on our floors.

The owners came to pick up their dog, and I went through their discharge with them. When they were checking out, I went to get the dog. As soon as he got out of the cage, he refused to stand up. I tried to make him stand, but he wasn't having it, so I kind of pushed him across the floor to the doorway that leads to the lobby.

I had worked up a good sweat doing this, but I couldn't really push the dog up to the owners. They don't really like it much when you do that. I tried to make the dog stand again, and it wouldn't. As soon as I let go, he would slump back to the floor. I was beyond irritated at this point.

When something like this happens, you normally can count on the owners to help you. When the owners are 98 years old, as was the case today, they can't really shoulder too much of the weight. I had the man come back and take the leash, and I put the dog back on his feet.

If I straddled the dog, hunched over him, holding onto his stomach, he couldn't fall back down. This is how I walked the last 100 feet out of the clinic. It looked like I was molesting the dog. I really hope there wasn't anyone around with a camera, or I guarantee you I'll be on some web site somewhere for beastiality.

I finally got the dog in the car, and felt like I had just completed the world's most horrendous workout. My back is killing me still. I was sweating like a fat kid in gym class. I'm getting too old for this shit.

3 Comments:

At 9:50 AM, Blogger paultoes said...

scott, tell me about something good that happens to you, ya whiner.

 
At 7:30 PM, Blogger equippedtofascinate said...

You're just classy like that Ryan.

 
At 10:51 PM, Blogger Casey said...

Ha, my back is hurting, too. But I can't tell if it is from working out, or my costume from work. Hmm.

So, doggie style eh? Hmmm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home