Thursday, April 13, 2006

I'm an Attention Whore



I broke down tonight and wrote my bio that will be in the program for my show. I always feel such pressure to outdo my bio from the show before. I fill it with the most random, fabricated crap I can think of. I'm not completely satisfied with what I wrote for this one; something about being able to do this show since I'm still recovering from a hernia I sustained during my winter dance recital, which prevented me from being able to go to Lebanon to study Kung-Fu with Buddhist monks.

The best part of my bio is that I put a plug in it for my blog. Yes, I'm that shallow. Whenever I go to a show and see that someone put their website in their bio, I laugh at how cheesy that is, but I always go home and look it up. I hope some people will see my bio and decide to read my blog.

I'm sure they won't even print what I wrote, since they always edit what I write and it's never as funny as it could have been. I holding out hope that the Pit won't let me down. Nothing like free advertising for myself.

3 Comments:

At 10:03 AM, Blogger paultoes said...

yes, but did you put your phone number in it?

 
At 6:19 PM, Blogger christopher john said...

Are you measurements in there too?

 
At 10:54 PM, Blogger Casey said...

I love writing bios. I always try to make myself sound SO MUCH more interesting than I actually am. I can't wait to do a show so I can write a new bio. Maybe I'll put my blog in it, too. Although I'm not sure if my blog is appropriate for the viewing public...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home