Friday, April 07, 2006

My Unofficial High School Reunion



Tonight was an exciting night. I finally met up with Carly. We were supposed to go out to lunch yesterday, but she was sick, so we rescheduled for dinner tonight. I forgot how much I love her.

We spent time eating, talking, and drinking(much too much time drinking). It was so much fun to catch up with each other. Better yet, she brought pictures of us in high school with her, including a certain picture that got us in trouble with the school paper.

We went to the bar area to have a smoke, and things took a turn for the worse. My worst nightmare came true. We were face to face with a table full of people we went to high school with. There was one girl there that I was happy to see, so it wasn't all bad.

If nothing else, my evening made me realize just how much I hated high school. Carly kept filling me in on the gossip from everyone in our class; information gathered mainly from drunken conversations with our fellow students. I don't keep in touch with anyone from high school. Is that normal? I always thought that no one from my high school kept in touch with each other. I guess not. Who knew.

6 Comments:

At 5:58 AM, Blogger Dustin Harder said...

I occassionaly e-mail back and forth with my friend Martin who I think is a cool cat....thats it as far as friends from high school go except for my friend Andrea that you tried to re-unite me with after you met her at a bar....thanks for that Scott. I hated high school and almost everyone in it.
Where did you guys go to eat where you ran into a whole table of peeps from high school? And how sad that they still have the exact same friends.

 
At 9:21 AM, Blogger paultoes said...

yeah, scott. where did you guys go to eat?

 
At 9:16 PM, Blogger amanda said...

I think what Dustin meant was "that's as far as friends from high school go, except for Amanda, but she transcends high school and has crossed over into that wonderful land of friend for life. I hardly even remember that we went to high school together, that's how good a friend she is!" Or something like that.

 
At 7:41 AM, Blogger Dustin Harder said...

what I meant is that I dont even consider my friend Amanda as someone I went to high school with!! She has just always been an awesome friend....thanks to our mothers making us be friends.

 
At 9:42 AM, Blogger equippedtofascinate said...

Those car rides to Oliver! sure paid off.
P.S. I went to Friday's, the service sucked.

 
At 7:47 PM, Blogger equippedtofascinate said...

Are you serious Katie? I just did a search for yearbook pictures on yahoo.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home