Thursday, March 30, 2006

A Sticky Mess



Have you ever had a skittle stuck up your nose? I have and it hurt. I don't really know why I was thinking about this today, but I was driving and my mind suddenly thought of it.

When I was in high school, I was eating skittles after school one day and talking to some of my friends. Someone said something funny, and I started to laugh. Of course, laughing with skittles in my mouth made me start to choke.

I was able to cough the skittle up, but instead of it going back into my mouth, it went up into my nose and got stuck there. I could feel it way in the back, but I couldn't do anything to get it out. I tried to snort it out, but it didn't work. I tried to flare my nostrils, but that didn't work either. I started to panic. I didn't want to go to the hospital to have them take it out. I knew they wouldn't believe my story and would assume I was being dumb and shoving skittles up my nose for some reason.

I finally decided to try to blow it out. I grabbed a tissue and started to blow. It didn't work at first, so I gave it everything I had. That bad boy shot out like you wouldn't believe. Unfortunately, the skittle was bigger then my sinus, and everything stretched out in the process. I think it took a good 2 weeks before my nose finally felt normal again.

6 Comments:

At 6:55 PM, Blogger Rebecca said...

That is the funniest story I have heard in a long time. I am still giggles telling you this.

My personal experience was with a penny. It was placed up my nose with my own hands. Of course, this was a while back. It was probably more than 30 years ago. Inquisitive minds....what would happen if???? I definately wouldn't do it again. lol

Thanks for the laugh. Much needed and appreciated.

 
At 6:58 PM, Blogger equippedtofascinate said...

You're very welcome Rebecca. How did you find my blog? Please comment again.

 
At 7:36 PM, Blogger amanda said...

I've never had a Skittle stuck up my nose, but I used to play Hungry Hungry Hippos at camp with Skittles - we were the hippos and had to try to pick up only one color of Skittles off of this big table... and our hands were tied behind our backs. I wound up with slimy Skittles in some crazy places, let me assure you.

 
At 8:06 PM, Blogger equippedtofascinate said...

You told me about that before Amanda. We were going to play that once, but we never did. We need to make a date and do that.

 
At 1:14 PM, Blogger Casey said...

Scott, I am amazed at the stories you have of the insanely random things that happen to you. My life is far more boring in comparison.

 
At 3:57 PM, Blogger equippedtofascinate said...

But probably much more safe.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home