Sunday, March 26, 2006

Back to the Stage



I'm getting ready to make my return to the stage, and I'm really scared about it. It's only been about 4 months since I did my last show, so it really isn't a return to the stage, I just wanted to sound dramatic about it. What has me worried is that the show I'm going to be doing isn't a musical. I haven't done a straight show in a long time, and I know I have limitations as an actor.

I didn't audition for this show. I got a phone call a little bit ago from the director saying she still needed someone to play one of the parts in her show. Rehearsals start tomorrow, and she really needs me to do it. Against my better judgment, I agreed. Basically it comes down to the fact that I"m incapable of saying no to people when they ask me to do them a favor.

So, anyone looking for a good laugh at my expense, come see Biloxi Blues at the good old Pit in May. I'm sure to touch your heart with my unconvincing performance.

4 Comments:

At 9:09 PM, Blogger amanda said...

Oooh, who are you playing? A soldier? I bet you look good in uniform.

 
At 2:09 AM, Blogger Noland said...

do me a favor... be my boyfriend?

 
At 12:30 PM, Blogger equippedtofascinate said...

Oh Noland. You're so subtle. I don't remember who I'm playing Manders...Epstein? Is that a character in the show? I do look good in uniform, don't you remember what I looked like dressed a nazi boy who falls for Leisle in Sound of Music? Grrr.

 
At 9:36 AM, Blogger Chargenda said...

anyone looks hot in a uniform.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home