Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Speaking of Concussions...



I think that I maybe wrote about this once before, but I don't remember, and I don't feel like looking through my previous posts to find out. So here we go, a possible second telling of a not so entertaining story.

I don't want to admit how old I was when this happened because I was WAY too old to do something this stupid. Okay, I was a junior in high school, and had always wanted a black eye and never had one.

I went roller skating with my sister and our friend Nicole. The three of us always wanted black eyes...I still want one, but have never had one. You just look really tough if you have one. We started talking about it while we were sitting at a table in the snack bar and decided to go for it.

Of course none of us were willing to hit the other. Not because we were worried about hurting each other, we just didn't want to get kicked out of the rink. We had paid, and were going to get the most of our time. We started to hit our heads on the table. We were sitting in a circle around the table, so we just took turns slamming our foreheads on the table(we couldn't figure out the correct angle to actually hit our eye on the table, so we decided to have bruised foreheads instead). People stopped skating to watch us hit our heads out of our own free will, but we didn't care. We were going to get bruises so we could tell people we were in a fight.

The table gave us bumps on our heads, but didn't really make us bruise as well as we had hoped. We decided to use the brick wall instead. I swear to everything this is a true story. We stood along the wall and started to hit our heads on it. Finally, we had the correct ratio of bruising to small cuts on our heads. We looked fierce.

The next day in school, everyone asked what had happened to our faces. We chickened out about the fight; mostly because no one would have believed us. We told them we were roller skating and fell. Amazing that the three of us fell and hit our heads at the exact same spot. No one questioned it though.

So, there you all go. Three updates in one day. Now I'm going to go back to sulking and will update again in a few days.

4 Comments:

At 7:17 AM, Blogger bomitoni said...

I'm surprised they didn't kick you guys out, and think you were high on something. Fun story though :)

 
At 9:26 AM, Blogger Chargenda said...

I think you have a self destructive streak. Hitting yourself, spraying yourself with pepper spray.

 
At 9:48 AM, Blogger amanda said...

I got hit in the face with a hockey puck once, and got a black eye. It was awesome.

 
At 12:38 PM, Blogger Dustin Harder said...

wow.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home