Monday, March 06, 2006

Life is Like a Big Kick in the Balls



I've had one of those days. One of those days when nothing seems to go right. In retrospect, nothing has gone too terribly askew, but it's just been a pain in my ass.

On my way to work this morning, I contemplated stopping for gas. Even though I had left the house earlier then usual, I decided to wait and get it on lunch. I spent too much of my lunch updating my blog for all of you, and didn't have enough time to stop and get gas. No worries, I figured I could get gas after work. In the time between going back to work and getting out of work, gas prices jumped about 20 cents a gallon. Gotta love our economy.

I was supposed to work till about 5 today. I didn't get out till after 7. True enough, I was paid for those 2 hours, but since I'm always scheduled for more then 40 hours in a week, I need to cut hours to begin with, and starting the week with two extra hours to cut always sucks. It basically means that I'll be rushed all week long in hopes of being able to take an extra half hour on lunch so I don't get overtime.

I had two videos I needed to return after work. I stopped at home to pick them up and drop them off before I made dinner. As soon as I dropped the movies in the return slot, I realized that I never taken North Country out of the DVD player. I had to go inside and ask for the empty case back so I could go home and get the movie and then actually return it. The girl looked at me like I was mildly retarded.

I got home from returning the movie, the second time, and decided to make dinner. I had something specific in mind and was really excited to eat it. Of course I didn't have everything I needed. I couldn't decide what was worse, going to the store, or making something else. Since I was in a bad mood and just wanted something good out of the day, I decided to go to the store. It was after 9 before I could even start to make dinner. I hate days like this.

5 Comments:

At 8:11 AM, Blogger Casey said...

Ha, did you read my blog? YES, I have days like this! Oh, and tell Hilary Swank that I love that pic of her that you put in your profile! Just kidding ... cute!

 
At 9:43 AM, Blogger amanda said...

I like your new look, too, but remember the template doesn't save any changes so you need (or you need me) to add links back in.

 
At 10:05 AM, Blogger equippedtofascinate said...

I know, I was too tired to do it last night though Cricket. I'll do it tonight, or call you and have you do it for me tonight when I can't figure it out.

 
At 11:33 PM, Blogger Dustin Harder said...

did you like North Country?

 
At 10:28 AM, Blogger equippedtofascinate said...

It was okay. Liked her much more in Monster.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home