Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Free Your Mind



In the past week, I've been told that my blog is very David Sedaris like three times. I take it as a compliment. However, David writes about things that happen when he was high from time to time, so I feel as though I should write this story.

I never got into drugs at all. They never had an appeal to me. That isn't to say that I've never experimented. I won't use any names in this post, so as not to incriminate anyone involved...I'm so controversial. Ooh, I'll create names for the people involved. I'll be so confused with who I'm writing about by the end of this.

The first time I smoked pot was new year's eve when 2000 became 2001. I really didn't have any desire to do it, but I had heard from so many people that you don't get high the first time you smoke it. I figured, what the heck. Why do people always lie to me?

For the first 20 seconds or so, I had this great feeling of enlightenment. The answers to life's most pressing questions were obviously clear. Then, it felt like I was in a vacuum. I was overly aware of everything going on around me, and became paranoid beyond belief. People will say I had a bad trip, but let's just be honest. Giving illegal hallucinogenic substances to someone who has one of the worst cases of depression doctors have ever seen, and is paranoid in everyday life just isn't a good idea.

At one point in the night, I told David(code name) to take me to the hospital. I really felt I was going to die. He told me everything was okay, so I decided to try to sleep it off. He put in a movie of a show he had done at the Pit. I remember waking up at one point and seeing an elephant onstage. No, there was no elephant in that show, but that's what I saw, and it made perfect sense. I woke up in time to mumble happy new year to whoever was sitting on my feet at midnight(I had passed out on the couch). I vowed never to smoke weed again after that night.

I did well for a year and a half. At that point, Milly told me she wanted to get high with me. I said, "Fine." I wanted to see what it would be like if I had a normal trip. Well, it had the same effect on me again. I remember not being able to sit still. I had to keep rocking back and forth when I was sitting; it made everything okay. It gave me a new found appreciation for life though, especially the taste of food. For the most part, I was paranoid, and didn't like it.

I decided to try one more time about a month after that. I had some doja and went to the bar. Everyone thought I was just really drunk when I showed up. Rather then correct, I let them think that. The paranoia was still there, and I didn't really enjoy it. I guess drugs just aren't for everyone. I haven't touched anything since then.

10 Comments:

At 5:42 AM, Blogger paultoes said...

ha! i was the one sitting on your feet. yup, it was me. i'm not afraid to say it. how you like them apples?
oh, my scott. four out of five doctors agree: you and drugs are like ice cream and A1 steak sauce.

 
At 6:00 AM, Blogger Dustin Harder said...

so...was david cute? Dont do it anymore dude, be happy it's not for you.

You were really freaking hilarious though.

 
At 10:21 AM, Blogger Casey said...

I've never done drugs, and I have no desire to either. Shit, I am in Holland - where it is LEGAL, and I still haven't done it! Oh well... I just stick to alcohol.

 
At 11:40 AM, Blogger Chargenda said...

Um, sorry to tell you this, but it isn't really called a "trip" when you just smoke pot...

 
At 1:35 PM, Blogger amanda said...

And it was 2001-2002, FYI. I came home from working at Shenanigan's (not the restaurant's real name) and found Scott a drooling mess on my couch. Awesome!

 
At 2:48 PM, Blogger paultoes said...

amanda, let's call it our couch.

 
At 8:18 PM, Blogger equippedtofascinate said...

You're so correct Amanda, it was that year. If I remember correct, you didn't come home from work, but from the bar. Paul was working that night, and dustin had to go pick him up while I was passed out on the couch. I woke up when they were gone to see teh elephant. Let's not use real details though Manders and say I was drooling on the chair. Sorry Charlie that I don't have the lingo down yet.

 
At 9:26 PM, Blogger amanda said...

OK, folks, it was not my couch at all, but rather Dustin's... however, I'll claim it for the sake of the story.

Sott, you punk, I had to work until 12:30, then went to White's for about fifteen minutes to get a New Year's Kiss from Deena. Bite me.

 
At 4:41 PM, Blogger equippedtofascinate said...

But you were at the bar before coming home, weren't you? I had to correct you once for all the times you've corrected me on my blog.

 
At 11:24 PM, Blogger equippedtofascinate said...

I may be an idiot Ryan, but you still wanna fuck me. Anyhow, I can't be arrested for something I did a few years ago. I'd pass any drug test given to me now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home