Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Trashy, With a Touch of Class



I recently developed an appreciation for wine. Previous to the last year or so, I hated the taste of it. Now, I enjoy it from time to time. With wine, comes drawbacks. Wine hits me hard, and fast.

Last night, I went to Dustin's birthday party at Tommy V's. I was all set to have a sober night, but peer pressure set in, and I fell off the wagon. I decided to get some wine with my dinner. Two glasses later, I realized I probably should have stayed sober.

Let me take this time to say, I can hold my beer fairly well. I can drink many a frat boy under the table when beer is involved. When I start to dabble in liquor and wine, my drunk self starts to show.

Anyhow, the restaurant was closing, and I needed to sober up before I could drive home. The most logical thing to do was to go to the bar a few blocks away to get sober. I know, but at the time it seemed completely reasonable. We got there, and I ordered a beer, which took me two hours to drink. As I was drinking my beer and sobering up, I made quite the fool of myself. Highlights included drunk dialing my friend late at night(sorry Amanda), giving my phone to Paul so he could drunk dial my friend(sorry Charlie), hitting on Stasi, one of my bosses at the temple, and admitting a secret crush to a table full of people.

I had to work all day today, but I figured I would be okay. I really hadn't had a ton to drink after all. Truth be told, I thought I was going to die this morning. I couldn't focus on anything, and I was crabby beyond belief. I tried to pretend to be all chipper and helpful, but after about 2 minutes, I realized it just wasn't worth it, so I would just be crabby and let everyone draw their own conclusions as to what was wrong with me.

I still don't understand it. I shouldn't have had such a drunk night/hangover from what I drank last night. Did someone slip something into my drink when I wasn't looking? If so, who? I need to have a talk with this person, because there is no need to do such a thing to me. Just buy me a drink and I'll go home with you. I'm so classy.

9 Comments:

At 6:04 AM, Blogger Dustin Harder said...

Peer pressure? I said "Scott, your not drinking?" you said "Oh, well I was gonna be sober tonight." and I said "Not even one drink-it's my birthday" to which you replied "Waitress...can I get a glass of chardonnay please?" I hardly twisted that arm.

I wouldn't know anything about anyone slipping anything into your drink.

 
At 10:29 AM, Blogger Casey said...

HA! I recently started drinking wine too. And I agree - it hits hard. I am horrible when I drink - I mix ALL THE TIME! I just get too bored drinking the same thing the whole night. Not to mention that I ususally start with Long Islands cause I can't decide what liquor to start with. I'm a mess.

Oh, and btw .. want a drink?

 
At 11:38 AM, Blogger Chargenda said...

You don't need to apologize for the drunk dial. I like them, but next time leave a message! Um, I bought you like two drinks when I saw you and I didn't get no play!

 
At 11:38 AM, Blogger Chargenda said...

And who is the secret crush?

 
At 1:33 PM, Blogger amanda said...

What I want to know is, IS your borther getting married? That was one confusing drunk dial.

 
At 4:26 PM, Blogger Sexbox said...

You should embrace you lushness with open arms! Lord knows I do. But the fact you are drinking wine concerns me. That is one of the first signs of old age!

 
At 8:21 PM, Blogger equippedtofascinate said...

I know Eddie, I just had a conversation with my friend about how I'm turning into an old person. Amanda, sorry about that call, if I remember correct, I couldn't understand you anymore and then you hung up on me, or the call was lost, or something. But, my brother is getting married in June(July? sometime this summer). Casey, btw, I'm always up for getting a drink, but going to Holland may be a little far.

 
At 1:01 AM, Blogger Noland said...

wait scooter, THE secret crush? did you really? you seem to be doing well... p.s, someone tell Dustin that i said Happy Belated please.

 
At 2:44 PM, Blogger equippedtofascinate said...

No Noland, a new one.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home