Saturday, February 18, 2006

Drunk Conversations



I LOVE drunk people. There is nothing better then seeing someone stumble to the door, or overhearing a conversation a drunk person is screaming in a bar. I had the opportunity to overhear a drunk conversation at the bar tonight. To be honest, the conversation itself wasn't too funny, it was just how loud it was that made me laugh.

I had to go to the bathroom at Retro Rocks(not my choice of bar, but I was sucked in because no one would go to the Junction). I passed a boy and girl on my way to the bathroom, and it looked like they were about to have a heated conversation, or were just finishing one. Of course, my curiosity took over, and I wanted to know what they were talking about. I decided I would find some clever way of listening after I went to the bathroom,without being too obvious. Little did I know, I didn't really have to worry about overhearing.

As I stood at the urinal, I could hear the same three sentences over and over. "Tommy, you're my boy. I love you from the bottom of my heart. Don't be like that." In the girl's defense, she did change the order that she said these sentences during the five times I overheard her in a loud bar on the other side of a closed door.

I finished relieving myself, checked the mirror to make sure I looked okay, and walked to the door. Before I could open it, Tommy walked in. Poor guy, he looked like he was having a rough night. I let him pass before I opened the door. As I opened the door, his girl toy walked in. Yes, she walked into the boy's bathroom. Now that's what I call classy.

I don't try to deny that I get really talkative and lovey when I get drunk. But come on. I don't scream in the bar...and if I do, it's funny. What are some funny things you've witnessed or overheard a drunk person say? I don't want anyone to relive any drunk dials I've given them though.

3 Comments:

At 10:51 AM, Blogger Casey said...

I'm not a big fan of drunk people, altough I am one from time to time! I hate when drunk people start hanging on me. If you are big enough to hold up the bottle, you are big enough to hold YOURSELF up!

 
At 2:07 PM, Blogger amanda said...

I heard a guy, drunk at 4 PM, saying "Fuck this shit, I MADE this group - Brown Sugar is NOTHING without me." And just so everyone knows, Brown Sugar is an Indian a capella singing group from a college in Illinois.
THAT is why people shouldn't drink before 2 PM.

 
At 8:18 PM, Blogger Chargenda said...

Yeah, I get drunk and yell in bars sometimes. I once yelled at someone over and over again "You are dead to me!" But, that is just the start of my outburts. Casey, if I ever meet you I will try not to lean on you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home