Wednesday, March 01, 2006

I Hate How I Look


I've never understood why it's okay to make derogatory comments about people who are skinny, but making them against the overweight is so socially unacceptable. I'll joke with my friends about being completely underweight, and have no problem with the comments they make. Complete strangers have no rite to say anything about what I look like.
I think I would be so much happier if I weighed about 20 pounds more. I would love to be an average weight, so people didn't feel the need to comment on what I look like. I had my obligatory anorexia comment recently.
I wish people would realize how much it affects me when they point things like that out to me. I've spent the whole day thinking about how I need to eat more, and being self conscious wondering if everyone who looked at me thought I had an eating disorder. I'm not normal, I know.

4 Comments:

At 8:17 AM, Blogger Sexbox said...

I completely agree. The double standard that exists is ridiculous. I had a "chubby" friend who liked to make fun of other people's weight, regardless if they were fat or skinny. Well, one day we were at McDonald's and I made a comment that perhaps his Big mac Super Sized meal was probably not going to help his figure and he got all offended and looked at me seriously and said "that's not nice".

What a fat ass loser!

 
At 8:48 AM, Blogger Senora Fuerte said...

I just think it sucks that none of us are trained to be satisfied with ourselves... If there's one thing that I hope to do for my future kids, it's to teach them to be satisfied with themselves. You guys are worried about being too thin, I'm worried about being too heavy, and probably every person who reads this blog has made some self-efacing comment about their weight at some point in their life (or maybe everyday)... And probably all of us are well within the realm of "healthy". I seriously don't think I know one person who isn't sensitive about their size. And while my doctor asked me if someone told me I was fat when I asked for an appetite suppressant, I was sitting there feeling like that sumo guy thinking, "The whole world tells me I'm fat!! They just don't say it."

Wow, I think my diet is making me cranky...

 
At 12:27 PM, Blogger paultoes said...

i love you, scott.

 
At 2:04 PM, Blogger amanda said...

Scott's a fatass.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home