Thursday, February 23, 2006

The Glass Is Always Full



I love it when people piss me off. I'm normally a pretty easy going person, but I have my limits. I got pissed off at work tonight at a couple of girls.

I hate when people think they're better then me or know more then me, because, well, they never are. These girls kept making bitchy comments and acting like I didn't know how to do my job. They were serving the drinks, and I was making them. After about two minutes of working, they stopped getting drinks from me, and made the other girl behind the bar make them because I refused to do things the way they told me to.

After about 10 minutes, she got pissed at them too, and they were forced to decide who was the less of the two evils when they needed a drink. Since they were still pissing us off and insisting that no one wants a top on their soda cup, cups should be filled more, the prices we were ringing up were wrong, we were using bad lemons and limes in the drinks, we decided to get pissy back.

The first thing we did was find all the small end pieces to the lemons and limes and use those for any drinks they needed. If someone came to the bar, they got a nice big piece put on the rim of their glass. The servers had small pieces dropped into the drink. This didn't seem to bother them too much, and we felt bad that people were paying for those drinks, so we made a new game plan.

Every drink we made, we filled to the very top of the glass. My drinks were so full, I didn't dare to set them onto the servers trays, because I knew they would spill. They would watch us fill the cups with their eyes as big as could be wondering just how full we would fill the cup all while thinking, how am I going to carry this across the room and up the stairs without spilling it.

Christa and I were having a great time at this point. We would laugh every time we filled a cup. As I was in the middle of filling a drink order, one of the girls said to me, "Are you in a bad mood?" Mind you, I was laughing at the time and have never met this girl before that night. I realized I must have misunderstood her. I said, "Excuse me?" She said, "You seem really grumpy tonight." As opposed to all the other times I've made small talk with her and joked about life? I was going to refuse to make any more drinks for her the rest of the night, just so she could see how grumpy I can be, but I was the bigger person.

this story really sucks. Sorry.

6 Comments:

At 9:28 PM, Blogger amanda said...

And then you found five dollars?

 
At 6:05 AM, Blogger Dustin Harder said...

No no. This story is great. I can picture you, thats why it's great.

 
At 6:42 AM, Blogger Casey said...

Those bitches. I ususally just go straight to the bar to order a drink anyway. I'm not gonna tip someone just cause they walked my drink over to me. Besides, sometimes the bartender is cute. :)

 
At 9:04 AM, Blogger Chargenda said...

I like ugly bartenders better. They are more likely to give you a free drink...

 
At 11:45 AM, Blogger paultoes said...

i made you kiss me on tuesday.

 
At 4:40 PM, Blogger equippedtofascinate said...

ha, ha Paul. I couldn't remember if that really happened or not. Yes you did. You wouldn't leave me alone. Dirty whore.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home