Thursday, March 16, 2006

It's Raining Candles

I love Yankee Candles. Actually, I love the clean cotton Yankee Candle. I'm a bit of a freak when it comes to scents. If something is too strong, or just smells like ass, I get really nauseous. My candle burned out last night, so I had to get a new one today.
I went to my local distributor to purchase a new one. I hadn't been in there for awhile, and was a little disappointed to see that the clean cotton was on the very top shelf. I'm average height, and there was no way I was going to be able to reach this candle. I decided to try anyway.
I was struggling to get the candle down for a good five minutes. I was on the verge of scaling the display to get it, but figured if I put down my bag from Hallmark and stood on my toes, I should be able to reach it. My fingertips were able to slowly move the candle to the edge of the shelf and I was almost able to get it. Progress is so exciting. About this time, the sales associate finally saw me struggling and started to tell me there were more lower down when about 12 candles feel off the shelf.
I covered my head so I wouldn't get pelted by the candles as they descended around me. It was like a hail storm, but a little more dangerous, as two pound chunks of wax encased in glass fell around me. The irony is that of all the candles I managed to knock off the shelf, none of them were the kind I wanted. I'm pretty sure the girl working wanted to kill me, but she smiled as I stuck the candles back on the shelf.
I still had to get my clean cotton one though. Wouldn't it figure that there were more located at eye level with me. I swear that I'm blind. I still needed an air freshener, so I went to grab one. As I turned to walk to the register, I almost ran into someone in a wheelchair. Seriously, do my eyes work at all? It wasn't like it was a small wheelchair. Full sized, and the poor person in the chair apologized to me, as if it was his fault I don't look where I'm going.
At this point, I was absolutely mortified. Of course my friendly checkout girl saw me run the man in the wheelchair over too. I wanted an air freshener for my car too, but I couldn't find the courage to go look for one. There was a display at the checkout with car air fresheners on it. I didn't see any clean cotton, but the ever helpful, observant worker saw me look at it. She asked if I wanted one in clean cotton, and I said yes. She didn't even try to point me in the right direction, she just went and got it herself. I think she was worried I may ruin the entire store or kill someone if I was to walk across it myself.

3 Comments:

At 9:19 PM, Blogger lovelylisa23 said...

I can't believe you knocked those candles off the shelf, your lucky they didn't peg you in the head. Although if one did hit you you could have gotten a black eye! Damn you aren't having good luck are you?

 
At 9:25 PM, Blogger Dustin Harder said...

awww....i dont even know what to say. But I'm laughing really hard right now.

 
At 7:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I bought a Cherry Lemonade yankee candle a few days ago. It smells fuckin' goooood.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home