Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Son Of a Whore!


The title of this post is what was running through my head when I got out of rehearsal tonight. I couldn't find my car keys. I knew in my heart where they were, still in the ignition of my locked car, but I refused to believe I had been so careless. After checking all the pockets to my coat and jeans about 5 times, I decided to look in my car to see if they were in there.
It was too dark to see from the drivers side window, so I went to the other side of the car so I wouldn't block the light from the building as I cupped my hands around my face and strained into the dark abyss of my car. Sure enough, my keys were still in the ignition, where I had left them. I started to panic because I couldn't remember if I turned the car off or not when I got there. I realized I had and my car had indeed not run out of gas.
I made a call home to see if someone could grab my spare keys and bring them to me. I didn't have any idea if I had spare keys or not, and if I did, I didn't know where they would be. Luckily, they were in the drawer with all the other spare keys. My mom told me she would bring them to me, but wouldn't be able to leave for a few minutes. Understandable enough, I guess. Half an hour later(literally), my mom called me back to let me know she was leaving the house. Nothing like being timely. I guess I can't comlain since I was the stupid one to lock myself out of my car.
The point of my writing this is so everyone will do me a favor. If I'm on the phone with you, and I am about to get out of my car, remind me to grab my keys. I blame Lisa for my mishap tonight. We had been talking on the phone while I was sitting in the parking lot. I was distracted when I finally got out of the car, and didn't grab my keys. I just have to blame this on someone else.

5 Comments:

At 8:34 PM, Blogger amanda said...

Do you carry your wallet in your pocket at all times? If so, you could slip a spare key in one of your wallet slots, and then if you ever leave your real keys in your car, you'd have the spare on you.

 
At 8:38 PM, Blogger equippedtofascinate said...

OMG Amanda, that's actually the best idea ever. I seriously never even considered that. The truth is that I've only locked my keys in my car one other time(I was with Lisa then, go figure), so it hopefully won't happen again for a long time.

 
At 5:58 AM, Blogger paultoes said...

it was probably my fault you left your keys in your car. you know... because, i'm totally hot and everything.

 
At 9:33 AM, Blogger equippedtofascinate said...

It was your fault paul, i just didn't want to make you feel bad.

 
At 8:45 PM, Blogger lovelylisa23 said...

thanks a lot you jerk! But yeah as I was reading it it was in the back of my head... oops. But it's still your fault!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home