Monday, March 27, 2006

My Hair is Ruined

Since my hair has been growing rapidly since I dyed it awhile ago, I decided to get rid of the roots and go back to my natural color today. I knew it wouldn't be easy, but I figured I could get it close enough that it wouldn't really matter. I knew that I would have to lighten my hair color first since my natural color is lighter then the black I did.
I lightened it, and it worked pretty well. My roots were a different color then the tips, but I didn't think it would matter much once I darkened it. I did my second round of dye. Things didn't go as well as expected the second time around.
First of all, my scalp started burning. I don't mean it got a little warm, but it felt like it was on fire. I know that can be a sign of an allergic reaction, but I didn't care. I just left the color in. I couldn't get the water cold enough when I rinsed it out. Washing the dye out felt like someone was rubbing sandpaper across my head.
I dried my hair and looked at it. My hair looks like a dyeing campfire; embers under charcoal. Somehow, my roots turned bright orange, and my tips are still dark. I can't put anymore dye in my hair. I'm scared my skin will fall off. I'm just going to leave it like it is. I don't care anymore.

7 Comments:

At 7:24 PM, Blogger amanda said...

Why don't you shave it? Won't you have to shave it anyway for your show?

 
At 8:15 AM, Blogger Senora Fuerte said...

You are going to take a photo first, aren't you? As a supporter and habitual user of the at-home-dye-kit, I am curious to see a case gone so very wrong...

 
At 9:23 AM, Blogger equippedtofascinate said...

It doesn't show up as well if my hair isn't wet, so I can't take a picture of it. I'm on lunch right now and am getting my hair cut as soon as I get out of work.

 
At 9:26 AM, Blogger Casey said...

That is why I leave hair dying to professionals!

 
At 9:39 AM, Blogger Chargenda said...

I want to ask you Michigan based bloggers about finding a time to do a little get together some time of our ring of bloggers in Chicago. You, Amanda, Dustin, Casey and Paul should all come to Chicago to visit me, Chicago Sex Box (Eddie), Noah and some other chicago based bloggers. Wouldn't that be fun!

 
At 10:22 AM, Blogger Sexbox said...

I think Equipped might want to wait for his hair to recover before he makes any trips. i agree with Amanda, shave that shit!

 
At 8:02 PM, Blogger equippedtofascinate said...

I'm hot and can pull off any look...except maybe this one. I'll be wearing hats for awhile. I'm all for a trip to chicago.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home