Friday, March 31, 2006

Defying Gravity...And Nobody in all of Oz, no Wizard that there is or was, is ever going to bring me dowwwwwwwwwn.


I love the title to my post. I've had the song stuck in my head. I can't help it.
I've been having the same dream a lot lately. Well, it isn't completely the same every time, but the same thing happens. I'm not really sure what it means.
For the last few weeks, I'll have a dream that I'm able to walk on the air. I'm not able to fly, but if I jump, I'm able to stay suspended. The details of where I am change each time it happens, but I'm always walking through the air.
Each time I have this dream, I tell myself that I'm not going to be able to suspend myself long enough to get to whatever destination I'm going to, but then I start to move and always make it there without touching the ground.
The truly bizarre aspect is that when I wake up, I feel like I can fly. I realize I can't, but for a few seconds, I always tell myself I should just try and I'll be able to. Then the confusion that sleep brings clears from my mind and I realize just how unreasonable it is. I'm weird.

2 Comments:

At 10:18 AM, Blogger Chargenda said...

when i was young i had dreams that i could glide. not fly exactly, but sort of leap really far. it was fun times.

 
At 7:28 PM, Blogger Casey said...

I love Wicked! I can work out some "Wizard and I." As for flying, I can't say that I've dreamed about it. I'm always falling in my dreams, and then I wake up when I spastically jolt. I hate it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home