Monday, April 03, 2006

Dare to Dream


I hate when people I don't know ask me to do them favors. I know that makes me sound like a huge asshole, but in all actuality, I am. The favor I was asked today really bothers me. Let's start at the beginning.
I realized today that I should have gone to church yesterday. I don't go too often anymore, which really isn't good, but I also wanted to go so I could talk to my pastor about singing at the Easter service. I guess I could still call him this week sometime to ask about it, but I hate talking on the phone when I could have had a face to face conversation. I figure that if I wait till this coming Sunday, it will be too late to finalize everything.
It's really odd that I was thinking about that today. I got home from rehearsal tonight, and someone had left there card for me to call him. He wants me to sing in his church. First of all, I hate this church. I'm a horrible person, I know, but I have very good reasons for feeling this way. Churches shouldn't be hypocritical and promote hate, this one does.
My first thought was that he wanted me to join his choir. No, he wants me to sing a solo. I don't even know how he knows I sing. As far as I know, he's never even heard me sing before. Wouldn't he be in for a rude awakening when he first heard me try to belt out some Christian tunes. Serioulsy, why ask someone you've never heard sing before to sing in front of a bunch of people. Maybe my parents made a comment about how I sing to him. Let's take compliments for parents for what they are. Everyone's parents think their child is the best thing in the world. It doesn't mean anything if they say their kids are talented. I don't think I'm even going to waste my time calling him back.

6 Comments:

At 9:47 PM, Blogger Dustin Harder said...

i dont know what you were just writing about but i wanted to say that I saw a video of you in "Wonderful life" and was very proud to see how much you have grown. It brought a huge smile to my face, good work with the pipes my friend! I hope I get to hear more from you, you sexy bitch.

 
At 7:32 AM, Blogger Casey said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 7:33 AM, Blogger Casey said...

Sorry, I can't type. I said, If it pays, GO sing the solo! I don't mind praising Jesus if I get a little cash doing it.

 
At 10:27 AM, Blogger equippedtofascinate said...

If only I were getting cash. Dustin, how is it that you've seen a video to that show and I haven't?

 
At 3:03 PM, Blogger amanda said...

Scott, I agree with Dustin - don't sell yourself short, that voice is going places!
But I also agree with you - I got suckered into singing at a wedding once, sort of as a favor because a friend of a friend was getting married and her real wedding singer cancelled. Well, it was a five-hour drive, and not only did they not put me up in a hotel for the night, the jerks didn't even pay me. It was unreal. Get some particulars from the pastor before you make any commitments.

 
At 10:27 PM, Blogger Sexbox said...

Oooh, you should sing something really sacriligeous. Perhaps "Like A Prayer"? Or if you really want to make an impression, Megadeth's "Go To Hell". No one from that parish will ever bother to ask you for a favor again!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home