Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Life Keeps Screwing Me in the Ass



The worst part is, it isn't a slow gentle screw that I may enjoy. It's a ravaging screw that hurts and makes you scream, "Stop, it hurts, I can't take anymore." On a happier note, I think my psychic abilities are becoming stronger. Here's the story.

Last night, I had a dream that I broke a tooth. We're talking broken to the nerve and hurt like hell. I woke up and felt my tooth to make sure it was still there. It was very realistic. Needless to say, my tooth was still there, and in one piece.

A little back story; when I was in high school, I got a ring stuck on my finger. I couldn't get it off, so I decided to use my mouth and teeth to pull it off. In retrospect, not a good idea, but had I known the consequences, I wouldn't have done it. I chipped the back of one of my front teeth in the process. I've learned to live with it. It really wasn't too obvious ater all.

Today at work, I had my stethoscope hanging around my neck. I always keep it there because I loose it if I don't and spend countless hours looking for it. I was about to go into a room to do an exam on a dog, when I dropped one of the vaccines I was holding. I bent over quickly to pick it up, and disaster struck.

I've bent over with my stethoscope on my neck countless times before, and never had any problems. Today, it swung back up and hit me in my chipped tooth. As soon as it happened, I knew I broke my tooth. My first thought was, "Son of a whore!" I didn't think it was too bad though. Maybe a tiny piece of tooth. It wasn't a small piece though.

As I stood back up, I could feel the broken piece in my mouth. I put my tongue on the tooth, and another piece broke off. I ran to the mirror to see how bad it looked. It wasn't painful or anything; small favors, but I didn't want to look like a freak. What I saw was horrible.

I decided to call my dentist since I have the day off tomorrow(all the while, someone was waiting for me to come into their room. Sorry, some things are more important). There are no less then 500 dentists listed in the phone book. I don't know what my dentist's office is called. I only know his name, but it isn't listed by his name in the phone book. Bastards. I had to get back to work, and couldn't get a hold of anyone to make me beautiful again.

I looked in the mirror before I started to write this post, and to be honest, it really isn't too bad(that isn't really a picture of my teeth with this post). Since my smile is one of my biggest insecurities, this really didn't help to boost my self esteem. I'm embarrassed to open my mouth to talk even. This needs to be fixed ASAP. If only I could remember the name of my dentist's office...or if only I wasn't so vain.

8 Comments:

At 6:24 AM, Blogger Casey said...

You seem to have the worst luck. I'm sure it's not half as bad as you think.

 
At 9:42 AM, Blogger amanda said...

That sucks. I chipped a tooth once and I felt like my whole tooth came out, but it was only a little tiny piece. I am sure that yours, too, is tiny and that you'll be back to your gorgeous self in no time.

 
At 11:58 AM, Blogger equippedtofascinate said...

That is my dentist. That would explain why I couldn't find Dr Cichowski in the phone book. Thanks Katie.

 
At 7:25 PM, Blogger equippedtofascinate said...

My family is strange.

 
At 1:33 PM, Blogger amanda said...

No, Dr. Cichowski IS hot. I went to school with his daughters, and whenever I'd see Dr. C at choir or swimming events, I'd think "Hot dad!"

 
At 2:34 PM, Blogger Dustin Harder said...

you so beautiful. one time my nephew cracked my sisters front tooth...it was an accident....i think.

 
At 4:21 PM, Blogger Sexbox said...

ouch. How fast was this stethscope coming at you! Geez!

 
At 4:23 PM, Blogger Chargenda said...

please update your blog so i don't have to keep seeing this photo when i check it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home