Friday, April 21, 2006

My Favorite Quote



My life has been so uneventful lately, that I am reduced to writing a post about my favorite movie quote of all time. I promise to write something interesting in the future, but for tonight, this is all you get.

What I love about this line, is that it's basically said in passing. It isn't a catchphrase that everyone uses from a movie that everyone has seen a million times(Run Forrest! Run!!! Hasta la vista baby...etc). It comes from a scene in Scream, just after poor Drew gets killed in the first scene.

Sydney and her friends are sitting around a fountain discussing what happened the night before. One of the guys makes a lewd comment about Drew's death(what was her name in that movie? Sarah?), and one of the girls says, "It's called tact, you fuckrag."

I love it. My sister and I used to say that to each other about 12 times a day after we saw that movie. I think everyone should start to say it...when it is acceptable to use such language. Probably don't want to say it to your minister after church or anything like that.

What's everyone else's favorite movie quote?(I'm stealing the ending question idea from Dustin's blog, I don't feel like being original tonight.)

7 Comments:

At 10:01 PM, Blogger amanda said...

My all-time favorite movie quote is "Strange things are afoot at the Circle K." I don't know why - prbably Keanu Reeves' perfect delivery.

You probably think I'm joking. I'm so not.

 
At 9:06 PM, Blogger Casey said...

Umm, I just have a favorite movie to quote - Steel Magnolias. I think I could quote that movie EVERY DAY!

 
At 3:56 PM, Blogger Sexbox said...

"Welcome to primetime, bitch!"

- Freddy Kreuger 1987

 
At 8:50 AM, Blogger Chargenda said...

As Amanda knows, some of my favorite lines are from American Gothic:
"Look, a child's skipping rope."
"Rob! Hi Robb, hi!"

I haven't seen that horrible horror film in years, but I love it so hard.

 
At 6:15 PM, Blogger Dustin Harder said...

drews name is Casey Becker in the movie, and her boyfriends name that gets killed is Steve Orth. I'm a Scream freak...I have no problem admiting it. Also the person that says "its called Tact you fuckrag" is actually Billy Loomis not one of the ladies and he says it in response to stew who said you gut someone by splitting them groin to sternum.

One of my favorite quotes/moments is when at the end of part 3 when the killer says to Sydney...."Lose something?" and he holds up her knife and then she says "Found something" and she bust out the gun and kills him....atta girl Neve.

And in part two when Jackie from Roseanne is trying to kill Neve and Neve says to her "Yeah well your forgetting one thing about billy" and jackie (debbie salt a.k.a. mrs. loomis) says "Yeah? Whats that?" and Neve says..."I fucking killed him" and lashes her necklace from her boyfriend across her face.

 
At 6:15 PM, Blogger Dustin Harder said...

also in heathers when bitchiest heather says "fuck me gently with a chainsaw"....

I could go on for days quoting movies.

 
At 8:45 PM, Blogger equippedtofascinate said...

I love you Dustin.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home