Wednesday, April 19, 2006

First Impressions

I tend to make really bad first impressions. I've been told countless times by my friends that they thought I was stuck up when they first met me. Although, I'm not at all stuck up, I do understand why people think that about me.
I went out for a drink after rehearsal with my friend Amanda(not Strong), and one of her friends. As we were talking, I realized that I wasn't engaging her friend in the conversation at all. Not because I didn't want to, but it's always awkward to have a conversation with someone you don't know.
This always seems to be the case with me when I first meet someone. I'm not a person who can make conversation with a stranger. Once I get to know someone, I'll be chatty and sarcastic, but I'm too shy to do that when I first meet you. I guess I'm just socially retarded.

6 Comments:

At 2:47 PM, Blogger Chargenda said...

It wasn't Amanda Strong, or the drink wasnt' strong?

Yeah, I didn't think you were stuck up. Just really shy.

 
At 7:27 PM, Blogger Casey said...

I am the same way. I hate talking to new people. I always feel that conversation will just feel really fake.

I rather people come up and talk to me.

 
At 9:39 PM, Blogger amanda said...

Funny - when you came up to me and said "I saw you driving in your car twice this weekend. I think I'm your stalker. Let's be best friends!", that didn't come off as standoffish, snobby, OR shy. Why have you changed so much in five years?

 
At 4:16 PM, Blogger equippedtofascinate said...

I haven't changed Amanda, I just always felt that we could be best friends and didn't want to waste the opportunity.

 
At 8:18 PM, Blogger equippedtofascinate said...

I wouldn't be good friends with Clay Aiken if I hadn't become friends with Amanda, that's for sure.

 
At 12:21 PM, Blogger Noland said...

uh... p.s, i still think you are stuck up!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home