Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Crashed

My best friend from high school's little sister got married on Friday. I wasn't invited to the wedding. I wasn't offended, but I was a little surprised. Jamie's family was like my extended family for a few years, and if for no other reason, I wanted to go and see Jamie, who had moved to China a few years ago.
I did what any self respecting person would do in this situation. I crashed the wedding. Well, not completely. See, my sister and her husband were both invited, and RSVP that they would both be there. Eric ended up not being able/wanting to go, so I went in his place. I know, it's kind of shady rationalization, but that's what I used to not feel bad about going to a wedding I wasn't invited to.
Anyhow, after getting there, I felt really bad and stupid. I wondered if my lack of being invited was actually intentional for something I may have done at some point and wasn't aware of. Thank god for the open bar. My sister told me that since the groom's family buys the alcohol, I shouldn't feel bad about drinking it, since it wasn't costing my friend's family anything.
I was by no means drunk, but I was having a good time. At one point, my sister and I left the reception to go outside and smoke. My mom was there too and decided to come out with us. For those who aren't related to me and don't know my mom, she is a goody-goody. She always tries to act like she doesn't ever do anything wrong. As were were walking out, I realized she was still holding her beer. I told her she can't bring it outside. She looked around for somewhere to put it down and I sighed. Sometimes, I just don't understand how she could have birthed me. I told her, you can bring it with you, you just have to hide it.
Outside, we ran into Jamie's cousins, whom I spent quite a bit of time with when I was younger. They were doing shots out of the back of a car. We joined them, and they warned us not to let security catch us, they had already been warned about drinking in the parking lot. A few seconds later, the security person came up to the car. I thought I was going to die laughing. My mom panicked. I seriously think she thought she may be going to jail if she got caught with her beer. Of course no one got into trouble. We were just told to put the alcohol back in the car(that of course seems safe).
We ended up leaving about an hour later. The party continued at my sister's house. My brother was in town for the wedding, and he came over with his wife and his wife's brother. I played beer pong for the first time of my life that night, and I realized that i have a natural talent for it. My brother's wife told me the secret to the game is to distract the other team when they're about to throw. I dropped my pants, but I did it too early, and they didn't mess up. They just laughed at me. We ended up losing, but not by much, which I considered a victory since my brother plays that game all the time.

2 Comments:

At 10:45 PM, Blogger christa said...

I am so proud of you. For crashing the wedding and for dropping your pants in an attempt to win a beer pong game.

 
At 5:14 AM, Blogger amanda said...

I wholeheartedly agree with Christa.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home