Friday, April 13, 2007

Books


Tomorrow is my niece's birthday party. Last year, I took her to see the live action Dora the Explorer. Not exactly my idea of fun, but she loved it. I found out that Clifford, the big red dog will be coming to the area soon, so I decided to get her tickets to see that this year. I wanted her to have something to open at the party, since last year she didn't quite understand what I was giving her. I went to Barnes and Noble to get her a Clifford book.
I'm somewhat of a regular there. I felt kind of stupid buying a children's book. When I went to check out, the man behind the counter looked at me like maybe I should be buying something a little more age appropriate. Normally, they ask me if I have their book club membership card...or something like that, I'm not sure what it's called. He didn't ask me if I had one today, and didn't ask if I wanted to get one. I think he assumed that since my reading is limited to children's books, I obviously don't buy books often. Maybe I like stories about big red dogs. Leave me alone.

5 Comments:

At 9:42 AM, Blogger Frannie Farmer said...

You made me giggle .. and your niece is going to think you are THE coolest uncle in the world!

 
At 8:24 PM, Blogger Casey said...

You know, Dustin Harder and I have a friend that is a manager type for the Clifford tours???

 
At 10:47 AM, Blogger equippedtofascinate said...

Oooo. Casey, give me the info. I want to do a meet and greet after the show.

 
At 6:39 PM, Blogger amanda said...

Maybe you're missing your calling, ETF - you could be a road manager...

 
At 5:50 AM, Blogger amanda said...

are you done blogging?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home