Wednesday, March 21, 2007


God has a sense of humor when it comes to my life, but I'm not laughing. I wrote 2 weeks ago about how I need to get out of here and start my life over. I don't know what to do now.
The funny thing is, I have a job offer, which will require me to move. No, I didn't put out any applications. An old employer of mine asked me to come work for him in the southern part of the state. Currently, I'm waiting to find out about rent on the house I would be living in before going down there and finalizing everything.
The problem is that there is someone who has made this decision difficult for me. I'm ready to leave many people behind and never speak to them(pretty much one person, but whatever) again. Why did someone who would be perfect for me have to send me a mildly drunk text telling me about the crush they have on me? Now, I'm starting to second guess what I should do.
If only every circumstance was black and white. Why do there have to be so many grey areas? There are so many other factors coming into play in this decision, and I can't for the life of me figure out what the best decision is going to be for me. I only have a few days to make the decision, which is what is stressing me out. I wasn't prepared to make it this quickly, but I also know that it's something I should do.
I'm scared to move to an area I don't know, leave my family and have to start over making new friends, learning a new job, and give up theatre since there isn't one close by. On the other side, it's an amazing opportunity for me. I just don't know what to do.

6 Comments:

At 2:28 AM, Blogger amanda said...

I'll tell you what to do: DO IT. Live a little! Give it six months, and if you hate it, move back. And if the text message thing is real, it'll wait until you get back or they'll just have to step it up and fiure out what to do with you gone.

There. Your life is fixed. You can thank me later.

 
At 8:56 AM, Blogger christa said...

I agree with her.... The move doesn't have to be permanent. It's better to try it then to not and regret the choice you made. But seriously... if you are moving and Cabaret is your last show.. at least tell me when it is!

 
At 2:14 PM, Blogger Frannie Farmer said...

GO. Absolutely go. Fate. If the text-message relationship is a sure thing, it will be regardless of where you are!

 
At 2:52 PM, Blogger Casey said...

I agree with all of them! Just go. a DRUNK text message should not override all those things that made you want to leave in the first place.

GO SCOTT GO!

 
At 7:09 PM, Blogger amanda said...

Have you decided yet? I'm all anxious and twisty.

 
At 10:22 AM, Blogger Chargenda said...

i vote go! Do it! Change is good, and from what I know about you, you have been itching for some in your life.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home