Sunday, February 25, 2007

Day 3


Yesterday was exciting. I went to my first(and probably my last) crawfish boil. I wasn't sure how I would do with it. I made up my mind before getting here that no matter how gross it seemed, I was going to eat one of them. I almost went back on my word when I got there and saw the live crawfish. I sucked it up like a champ, and ate one. Actually, it was pretty good. I ended up eating a few more, just for the fun of it.
We ended up going on one of the haunted tours last night. It was pretty cool. You got quite the history lesson and learned stories behind a lot of the old buildings in the area. We couldn't have too late of a night because Selena, my brother's girlfriend, had to work early this morning. We stayed on Bourbon St for a few hours though and got our drink on and went shopping for lingerie. I don't think anyone bought any, but I could be mistaken.
I did make a big purchase last night. I bought a lighter for $80. Before you judge me for it, they were asking for $125, but my sister being the heckler she is, got them to come down to $80. It also has a memory card on it, so I can use it with my digital camera. I've been needing a memory card for a long time, so this purchase was actually perfect for me. Hopefully I won't lose it in a bar as soon as I get home.

3 Comments:

At 6:07 AM, Blogger christa said...

cute picture.... but seriously.... $80! it better be pretty freakin cool. and if you lose it... you better not post about how pissed you are.

 
At 10:29 AM, Blogger amanda said...

Are you back yet?

 
At 12:40 PM, Blogger paultoes said...

awww. the joy on your face is charming.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home