Thursday, February 22, 2007

Missed Flights, Richard Simmons, and Bourbon St; New Orleans, Part 1


Yes, I made it safely to NOLA. I've been having an amazing time, but it was difficult to get here. I checked the weather reports earlier in the week. It looked like Michigan was warming up, so there would be no problems with getting off on time. What I didn't realize, was the warmer weather would bring fog. Our flight was delayed for over an hour.
That delay wouldn't have been too big of a problem, other then we didn't really have much time to make our connecting flight in Memphis. Needless to say, we missed our flight. We had a wonderful time in the Memphis airport, which smells like a combination of barbecue and public toilets. Thank god for airport bars. When we got off our flight, we ran to our terminal to see if we could still make our flight, and who should be running alongside us, but fitness guru, Richard Simmons. Yes, he was in the airport, complaining of the smells while wearing his black spandex shorts and a red bathrobe.
Five hours later, we got on a plane that took us to New Orleans. Today was incredible. We went with my jackass of a brother to his job, so that we would be in the downtown area. From there, we had breakfast at a local restaurant that is famous for its food, but the name escapes me at the moment. The aquarium was our next stop. Of course, we ended up on Bourbon St at 11 this morning.
I love this city. No laws against open containers, strip clubs all over, and above all else, warm weather. I can't wait to see what the next few days have in store for us.

1 Comments:

At 6:04 AM, Blogger christa said...

I'm kinda mad that you got to meet Richard Simmons and I didn't.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home