Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Did I write about this before?

Forgive me if I've bored you with this story before, because I think I may have. Perhaps I didn't, and only meant to at one point in my life. Regardless, I feel it's a story that needs to be shared, even if I do share it twice.
I'm by no means a whore. Okay, maybe a little bit, but not as bad as this story will lead you to believe. However, I've placed myself in odd situations before due to alcohol.
About a year and a half ago, I was kind of dating someone. It was nothing serious, and I was bored with it. Actually, the person really annoyed me, and kept showing up everywhere I went, uninvited. I figured that when I stopped answering the phone, the message would be received, but it wasn't.
Anyhow, I was out at my favorite bar, the Junction, one night with Lisa. I wasn't driving and wasn't working the next day, so I had a good time. I used to have a problem known to many as drunk dialing. I decided to call an ex that night. Lisa told me it wasn't a good idea, but I figured that I knew better and made the call. At some point during the conversation, I told the ex to come out with Lisa and me the next night.
The next night, I was getting ready to leave, and I got a call from the person I was dating/unsuccessfully trying to dump. I said that Lisa and I were going to the bar because I knew it would be a waste of my time to lie since I'm sure I'd be getting checked up later. Stupid me, I gave the invite to join us.
I picked up Lisa and was complaining about the company that was going to be joining us. She started laughing really hard and asked me if I remembered any phone calls I made the night before. That's when I remembered. I realized I was going to be having 2 dates at the same time.
It was beyond awkward for me. Lisa was loving it though. The entire night, I wanted to crawl under the table. That's when I realized that I should not be allowed to use my cell phone after a night at the bar.

3 Comments:

At 7:58 PM, Blogger christa said...

I have never heard this story before, and I love it! It made me smile the whole time. It also made me wonder why you never drunk dial me... whatever. That's fine. I'm okay with NOT being your friend.

 
At 4:10 PM, Blogger amanda said...

I agree - why don't I ever get drunk dials? Probably because you don't want to do me.

 
At 8:25 PM, Blogger lovelylisa23 said...

This has to be by far one of my favorite stories! I sitll can't believe you did that. those were some good times we had, we should do it again sometime!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home