Thursday, June 21, 2007

Anyone Still Reading This?

I'm back. I've been on hiatus for the last month or two because I've been taking some time to deal with me and some issues that I've been having with things in my life. I feel like my mind is clear again, and I can continue to entertain the world. I know, I just made everyone's night.
Anyhow, I've been told by many people that they think I'm stuck up when they first meet me. I'm not, it's just that I don't like to initiate conversations with people I don't know well. I don't think I'm better then them, I just don't like to bother them. Well, I think I was really rude to someone today at the mall as a result of not wanting to have an awkward conversation.
I was walking through one of the stores, and I heard someone say hi to me. It was a girl who brings her dog to my work and who did hair on the last show I did. We were walking towards eachother, and I said hi back. It didn't look like she was going to stop, so I kept my pace steady. As soon as we were about to pass eachother, she stopped, abruptly. I realized this about 2 steps too late. I did a quick about face and tried to act cool.
We talked for a few seconds, and then there was a pause. I was kind of in a hurry to begin with, and since neither of us had much to say, I decided to end the conversation by saying it was good to see you again. Of course, I said it at the exact same second she asked me a question, trying to spark another conversation. At this point, I was beyond embarrassed. She looked at me like, why are you being such a jerk, and then recovered to say that she would talk to me sometime soon, or something to that effect. I walked away, feeling like the biggest jerk in the world. I have no conversation skills, whatsoever.

2 Comments:

At 2:35 PM, Blogger amanda said...

I'm still here, you snob.

 
At 8:19 PM, Blogger lovelylisa23 said...

your entire meeting, conversation, okwardness, thats what we love about you :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home