Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Goodbye Ki-Ki

I'm distraught. My hometown American Idol, LaKisha was voted off tonight. Lakisha hails from Flint, MI. For those not familiar with Michigan geography, Flint is a mere 20 miles from my house. Lakisha is, for all practical purposes of this post, my neighbor.
I loved her and wanted her to win. Not only because she's my quasi neighbor, but also because she has talent, and always seems so grounded. Another reason, Flint has nothing going for it, and she gave them hope.
Flint is a run down city with many problems. It's on the verge of economic collapse and has the highest per capita murder rate in the country. 2007 has been kind to Flint though. Will Farrel just finished filming a movie there this week, and they could take pride in their hometown Idol.
Like I said, filming of the movie is complete, and Ki-Ki no longer is in the public eye. Poor Flint. I guess they'll just have to continue making news the old fashioned way; murders, drug busts, and arson. God love that town.

2 Comments:

At 6:50 PM, Blogger christa said...

She's still gonna be famous though... I mean seriously, with a voice like that.

And for anyone who cares, the security code right now, for this post, is boob. That's funny.

 
At 7:01 PM, Blogger amanda said...

she was my favorite, too. i can't stand blake.

what, you thought i wasn't watching?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home