Friday, June 22, 2007

I got hurt

Last night, I endured a little bit of physical pain. I was taking my dog outside to go to the bathroom before I went to bed. I have to keep him on a leash, otherwise he runs away, so I actually have to go outside with him.
There's about 4 steps you have to go up in order to get into my house. Normally, I jump up/down them to save time. Last night, my depth perception must have been a little bit off. No, I was not drunk either, I'm just clumsy.
I made it outside alright. Peanut peed, and we were on our way back it. I jumped up the stairs, but missed.
It wasn't that I didn't jump high enough, but that I didn't jump over far enough. My toes made it onto the platform, but nothing else. As I fell back to the ground, I bent every toe on my left foot all the way backward, hit my right knee on the edge of the stairs, and somehow managed to break my middle finger on my left hand(I don't think it's really broken, but it makes for a more interesting story to say it is. Really, it just hurts right now).
Anyhow, it hurt a lot. I was actually laying on the floor of the garage for a good 15 seconds before I could actually get to my feet. The entire time I was laying there, I was swearing at the top of my lungs. My dog, always one to make sure his owner is okay, kept pawing at the door, waiting for me to get off my ass and let him inside because he knew he would get fed as soon as we were inside.
I finally was able to walk again, but I had scraped all the skin off of my knee, and it was dripping blood. I needed a bandaid. Of course, I didn't have any that were big enough, so I had to piece 5 small ones together to make a big one. Oh the agony.

3 Comments:

At 2:36 PM, Blogger amanda said...

My favorite part of this story is the part where you said "Peanut peed."

 
At 3:53 PM, Blogger equippedtofascinate said...

Admit it, you're so happy that I'm blogging again.

 
At 1:34 PM, Blogger christa said...

so... when you first said that your depth perception was off, i immediately thought you were drunk, so thanks for clarifying. also.. i couldn't help but laugh at the whole situation. sorry

 

Post a Comment

<< Home