Friday, January 05, 2007

The Day That You Were Born

When I was a wee lad, my mom used to sing to me. She isn't the best singer in the world, but it never mattered. I still remember her singing to me when I was 3 and 4 years old. Perhaps that is where my love for singing comes from, but probably it isn't.
I hate it when I get a song stuck in my head. It's so annoying to be walking around having the same song repeating over and over in your mind. No matter what you do, you keep hearing it over and over.
For the last few weeks, I've been getting one of the songs my mom used to sing to me stuck in my head. I have no idea why. I haven't heard it recently. It will just pop in my head and stay there for a few hours. What's truly irritating about it is that I don't know the name of the song or who sings it, and I only know three lines of the song. Yes, for hours and hours, all that runs though my head is, "On the day that you were born, the angels got together, and decided to create a dream come true. So they sprinkled star dust(?) in your hair and...." That's where the song stops; abruptly after the word and. I don't know anything other than that. To be honest, I'm not sure if those are even the correct words and if I have the correct tune in my head.
If anyone knows the name of this song, and/or who sings it, let me know(I'm counting on you Amanda). I figure that if I have to have it stuck in my head, I should learn the whole song so that at least it doesn't repeat as frequently.

4 Comments:

At 8:08 AM, Blogger amanda said...

"Close To You" by The Carpenters.

Why do birds suddenly appear every time you are near? Just like me, they long to be...
CLOSE TO YOOUUUUUUUUUUU

 
At 9:24 AM, Blogger equippedtofascinate said...

Really? I had no idea that was the same song. Huh.

 
At 7:40 PM, Blogger amanda said...

Haven't you ever seen Honey I Shrunk the Kids? Rick Moranis sings it to his wife.

 
At 7:18 PM, Blogger Frannie Farmer said...

I think Steve Martin also sang it in one of his movies ... Parenthood??
Love that song!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home