Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Quotes

Today, I had the day off, so I did a bunch of Christmas shopping. I was proud of myself. I only bought two things for myself. One of the things was new music for Katie and me to play on Christmas Eve, so it didn't really count.
Anyhow, I also needed to shop around for car insurance. I wasn't really looking too forward to that. One, I didn't want to have to pay a lot for insurance, and two, I have no idea what most of the insurance terms are actually talking about. I was actually pleasantly impressed with Matt, my insurance person who did all the work for me to get me a cheap quote.
The thing about Matt that I liked was his complete disregard for professionalism. He was asking me if I had any accidents, DUI'S, tickets, etc. I told him no to everything(surprisingly, I've managed to keep a clean driving record, despite my inability to follow any sort of traffic laws). He then asked me if I had a something 22. I hesitated, then said no, then said, well maybe. See, I have no idea what the 22 thing that he was asking is.
He laughed and asked me again. Again, I hesitated, then, I told him I have no idea what it is. He laughed and said, if you don't know what it is, you don't have one. For the record, I still don't know what it is. Hopefully I don't really have one. I'm assuming it's something bad, in which case, let's just hope I don't have one and if I do, the insurance company doesn't find out about it.
He continued to take my information. Mid sentence, he stopped and excused himself. I hadn't heard him burp or anything, so I just assumed he looked away from his computer and lost his spot. Nope, he told me he had just hiccuped. Good for you, I just want my quotes. Rather then continue with our phone call like a normal man would, he went into a brief discourse about how he hates it when he hiccups on the phone. He even asked me if I hated it when I did it. Now, I'm sure that at some point in my life, I've had a hiccup when I'm talking to someone, but I don't remember it. Instead, I just said yes. I figured it was easier that way.
He finished by asking me if I wanted him to sign me up for the insurance he had found. I told him I wasn't ready yet, I still needed to check with a few more places. He told me to make sure I call and let him know either way, or he will be calling me every day. Matt, where I come from, that's called stalking, and that isn't legal. Whatever, he found me the cheapest insurance, so I'll probably be calling him tomorrow.

4 Comments:

At 8:23 PM, Blogger Sexbox said...

You only bought TWO things for yourself? um, where the fuck are you Christmas shopping priorities. 99% of my shopping this time of the year is for me myself and I. Sometimes sharing isn't caring! lol

 
At 8:31 PM, Blogger equippedtofascinate said...

I'm not done Christmas shopping yet. I still have lots of time to buy more things for me.

 
At 9:58 AM, Blogger Sexbox said...

Good! Don't let greed die. it's the American way!

 
At 10:16 AM, Blogger christa said...

I still want to know what a something 22 is. Anyone?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home