Thursday, November 30, 2006

Who Is It?

Every Thursday, my sister has family night with her husband's family. Eric and I were friends growing up, and I know his family very well. I get invited every Thursday, but have yet to attend. My sister and I joke about how his family loves us more then ours since we never get invited to anything with our family.
Anyhow, family night is a big drinking party; this much I know for a fact. The funny part of it is that Eric's mom was also my teacher when I was in the 8th grade. I still call her teach when I see her.
I called Molly tonight when she was there to tell her a funny story. She told me I should go over, but I said no. I was still in my work clothes and had just rented a movie. I couldn't possibly. We talked for a few minutes and then hung up.
A few minutes later, my phone rang again. It was my sister's number, but when I answered it, it wasn't Molly on the other end. It was my old teacher. It was obvious she had been drinking some. She called to tell me I should come over for family night.
I love my life. Only I will get drunk phone calls from my 8th grade teacher. God bless her.

2 Comments:

At 7:59 PM, Blogger amanda said...

I didn't love my 8th grade teacher, so if I got a drunk dial from her, I would be THRILLED. Why does all the good stuff happen to you!?

 
At 8:50 AM, Blogger equippedtofascinate said...

I live a charmed life. Not so much.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home